Position Title: Accountant - Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE).
Job Station: Abuja.
Accountant - Nigeria Strengthening Civic Advocacy and Local Engagement (SCALE) job opportunity is available at Palladium Group for individuals who possess B.A. in Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- Nigeria SCALE project is a USAID-funded 5-year project (Oct 08, 2020 – Oct 07, 2025), implemented by Palladium in collaboration with the local resource partners
- The goal of the Nigeria SCALE project is to strengthen the financial, management and advocacy capacity of local civil society organizations (CSOs) and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in Nigeria to create a more accountable, transparent, peaceful, and democratic Nigeria with more effective and efficient public service delivery.
- The SCALE project supports civil society organizations (CSOs) and business membership organizations (BMOs) across all of USAID/Nigeria’s programmatic sectors with a basket of managerial, business strengthening, and advocacy capacity-building interventions aimed at advancing Nigerian CSO sustainability combined with targeted grants to advance mutually agreed upon priorities.
- The project is designed to enhance local civil society organizations’ ability to be positive and responsible change agents in Nigeria.
The project has five main components:
- Component One – Improve CSO organizational capacity,
- Component Two – Enhance capacity for CSO advocacy, collaboration and management,
- Component Three – Improve the policy and regulatory environment for civil society,
- Component Four – Countering Trafficking in Persons (CTIP), and
- Component Five – Sector strengthening and advocacy.
Purpose of Position
- The Accountant is responsible for establishing and maintaining the project’s financial system, including accounting procedures for invoicing, payroll, and all project expenses as well as overall budget management of the project in coordination with the Finance and Operations Manager as well as other senior project staff
- The position is expected to be needed through the life of the program, dependent on donor funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Liaise with the home office’s Accounting department and Project Management Unit (PMU) to manage and troubleshoot project accounting issues as they may arise
- Reconcile project accounting and provide back-up documentation of all financial transactions into monthly or bi-monthly accounting package to home office
- Establish and maintain electronic accounting tracking mechanisms, per Palladium and USAID accounting standards
- Conduct monthly audits of local expenditures as reported by the Field Office, including local bank reconciliation and US dollar expenses, as applicable
- Review all local expenses for billing purposes
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports
- Maintain all accounting records
- Act as first point of contact with local bank
- Monitor vendor invoices and disburse payments upon approval of the COP
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversee finance and accounting procedures
- Review monthly budget reports to ensure accuracy
- Indicate project activity numbers for billings and expenses so that management can input into budget tracking tool
- Prepare monthly cash forecasts for PMU and Chief of Party’s review and approval
- Oversee the financial aspect of procurement of goods and services for the project, ensuring compliance with Palladium and USAID policies
- Review invoices for local services for the project.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in finance and accounting, B.A. in Finance, Accounting or relevant field preferred.
- Experience with USAID accounting/financial procedures preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Proactive problem-solving, decision-making and good judgment skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage confidential information
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers and clients.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- We cannot offer sponsorship for these positions. In order to be considered for these roles, all applicants must have the right to work and live in Nigeria permanently
- Applications from individuals without the current right to work in Nigeria will not be considered. This position will be based in our Abuja office only
- Applicants from outside Abuja are welcome but will need to relocate at their own expense as no relocation package is available.
WHO IS Palladium Group?
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.View More Jobs at Palladium Group
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: