Position Title: Agribusiness & Rural Development Manager.
Agribusiness & Rural Development Manager job opportunity is available at Nuru Nigeria for individuals who possess a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agric Economics, or a related field.
- This is a managerial position and we are looking for someone who can motivate our talented staff toward our goal of ending extreme poverty in Nigeria promoting a culture of inclusivity within and outside of the organization.
- Equally important to us is that we hire an experienced and effective manager who can scale Nuru impact programming fairly and efficiently; and devise, communicate and implement strategic plans to ensure significant progress toward NN’s strategic goals in collaboration with Nuru International.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Guide the expansion and scaling of Nuru’s agricultural and agric-business intervention through farmer-led businesses (farmer organizations) with the intention to hand over full business operations to farmer organizations to achieve sustainability.
- Build strong value chain partnerships (public & private sectors) that support Nuru-supported farmer organizations in soybean, groundnut, ram fattening and other value chains.
- Establish, maintain, and keep records of successful relationships with key agric-business stakeholders both externally and internally Nuru priority value chains: soybeans, groundnuts, ram fattening, and others to be explored by the ARD Manager.
- Lead impact intervention programming and ensure activities are implemented effectively and efficiently with a focus on Nuru’s vision and strategic objectives
- Supervise the Nuru impact team, set defined objectives and key results, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports accordingly
- Ensure programs are designed, planned, budgeted and implemented in a sustainable, accountable and transparent way
- Prepare high quality progress reports and ensure they are submitted on time
- Ensure interventions are effectively integrated and that the team works together to optimize integrated impact to build community social cohesion and resilience
- Mentor, empower, and build the capacity of direct reports, both technically and managerially
- Ensure that NN Impact team works in tandem with other program team to build and implement interventions with effective monitoring and evaluation, quality community engagement and acceptance in order to assess progress, increase impact, and guide scaling decisions
- Improve performance management systems and coach managers to practice a results-based management style
- Perform any other duties as required by and instructed by the Project Director and Team Leader
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Agric Economics, or a related field
- 5+ years professional experience in the agric-business sector highly preferred
- 8+ years professional experience in the development sector with emphasis in market-based project management, also considered
- 4 years’ managerial experience
- Solid project management experience
- Good understanding of community development, poverty cycle, rural livelihoods and NGO program cycle management
- Gender mainstreaming experience
- Substantial understanding of effective financial management and budgetary control systems
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in the use of google applications
- Fluency in English and Hausa is required
- Able to demonstrate servant leadership, a passion for development work, and the ability to inspire others to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills required
- Structured, organized with the ability to multi-task and support other people under stressful conditions
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and gender equity; ability to promote inclusiveness and respect diverse perspectives
- Highly analytical skills and ability to assimilate and process information on a wide range of development issues
- Attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
- Passion or interest for development work, focused on leadership and grassroots impact
- High level of integrity and honesty
Apply Before :-
11th January, 2020.
- Competitive salary
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team
- Positive atmosphere of dynamism and motivated team setting.
- Atmosphere of a forefront professional and flexible NGO with a unique new development approach.
- Annual, Maternity and Paternity leave benefits.
- Transport costs and communication allowance.
- 13th Month Salary
- Training and capacity building program and intensive mentorship by expat team.
- Life Insurance covering accident, disability and related benefits
- Health Insurance covering employee and family.
- Pension benefits.
- Atmosphere of diversity committed to providing equal employment opportunity, forbidding discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age and disability, with respect to policies and visions.
- Other Labor best practices apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume/CV to: email@example.com clearly indicating the “Job Title and Location” as subject of your mail.
- Female candidates are strongly recommended to apply
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHO IS Nuru Nigeria?
Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO that will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.View More Jobs at Nuru Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: