Position Title: Assistant Fundraising Officer.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Assistant Fundraising Officer job opportunity is available at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for individuals who possess relevant qualification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Contribute to the development and execution of the private sector fundraising strategy for UNHCR in Nigeria;
- Work with the executive office in Abuja and the external relations team to address the legal and administrative hurdles that will encumber fundraising efforts in Nigeria.
- Assist in the development of the Nigerian strategy for the F2F program, including local plans for market entry and program growth in Nigeria.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a communication and branding strategy to engage regular and major donors, increase awareness and promote a better understanding of UNHCR and refugee issues.
- Undertake high-quality research to identify prospective major donors in Nigeria.
- Maintain close dialogue with and provide information to relevant donors on UNHCR operations and financial requirements including responding to donors’ requests for information on ad hoc basis.
- Keep management informed about relevant local developments in Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the External Relations team, keep abreast of development on UNHCR’s work both in the country and worldwide and support as requested with a response to queries for information on all aspects of the organization’s work in Nigeria.
- Undertake any other tasks as required by PSP.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- University degree (BA) in Communication, Marketing, Social Sciences, and or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant job experience with the private sector, fundraising and communications.
- Proven ability to meet fundraising targets.
- Proven expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and new PSP techniques including direct marketing and direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programs such as face-to-face, mass appeals, major donor fundraising, e-fundraising, and emergency fundraising.
- Current knowledge of UNHCHR operations in Nigeria is essential.
- Experience in F2F Fundraising is preferable.
- Experience in the media sector with Public Relations or as a journalist is an asset.
- Experience as a copywriter for magazines, and or websites is an asset.
- Experience working for an NGO in the humanitarian field is preferable.
- Excellent presentation skills in English, experience with press conferences preferable.
- Affinity with new media and excellent computer skills.
- Well-articulated, good communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to deal with persons of different cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Knowledge of other UN languages desirable.
- Judgment & Decision making
- Strategic Planning & Vision
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
- Change Capability and Adaptability
- Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and must be Nigerian Nationals.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Apply Before :-
11th June, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their letter of motivation, signed Personal History Form and Resume and send to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates might be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
- UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
WHO IS United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)?
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.View More Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: