Position Title: Awards Officer (National Position).
Job Station: Borno State.
Awards Officer (National Position) job opportunity is available at Save the Children Nigeria for individuals who possess Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Awards Officer will be working closely with local partners for regular financial monitoring and compliance of local partners across North East Nigerian Humanitarian
- Key areas of accountability are sub – award management and monitoring and has a role in partner capacity building
- The Awards Officer will also support Awards unit with AMS audit and documentation follow up.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Work with other program staffs to ensure sufficient review and timely validation of partner periodic reports.
- Support Awards (Grant) Unit to ensure all implementing partners undergo capacity assessment prior to commencing work with Save the Children and during program implementation and are engaged with appropriate effective monitoring systems so that partner delivery meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Work with program staff to ensure relevant donor requirements are effectively communicated and understood by implementing partners.
- Ensure that all adequate partner attachments are uploaded on Award Management System (AMS) and are retained as part of the award audit trail.
- Support on Award Management System documentation and Audits.
- Support Awards unit in ensuring partners meet project objectives and minimum standards in accordance to SCI policies.
- Support with review of Partner budgets and agreements prior to approvals.
- Support with follow up on timely disbursement of Partner advance request and retirements.
- Support on the coordination with relevant staff and provide additionally requested information in relation to reports from donor, SCI or Save the Children members promptly and accurately and make necessary revisions based on feedback.
- Any other task.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Experience and Skills
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field, individual with practical experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years post NYSC experience within finance & sub – award unit preferably with international organizations.
- Relevant experience in assessment and remote monitoring of partners.
- Knowledge about core elements of finance compliance and accountability standards.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance and long – term development work in order to communicate effectively with partners.
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash transfer programming.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English.
- Has previous working experience working in Humanitarian response.
Apply Before :-
20th February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidate should:
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
WHO IS Save the Children Nigeria?
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.View More Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: