Position Title: Buyer.
Job Station: Rivers State.
Buyer job opportunity is available at EST Master Construction Limited for individuals who possess relevant qualification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Provide support to the procurement department by purchasing materials and services in line with the company’s procurement policies, QA/QC and safety standards as well as operational needs.
- Support in preparing purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements.
- Scout for and introduce credible and competent suppliers to the business.
- Explore alternate sources for the procurement of materials and equipment.
- Ensure a continuous supply of required materials and equipment and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Evaluate the performance of suppliers/vendors and choose the best possible strategy for business needs whilst working within a given budget.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Prepare and coordinate negotiations, validation of technical information, supplier site audit.
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of materials and manage variations as may be necessary.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure full understanding of project delivery schedule and to ensure items on the critical part of the schedule receive close attention.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers and advise management accordingly.
- Maintain detailed records such as tracking documents, vendors’ register and purchasing databases.
- Contribute to other duties assigned by management and determined by business needs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- HND / OND in Quantity Surveying or any Engineering related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a buyer with a reputable construction company.
- Industry market intelligence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong numerical, negotiating and IT skills
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time.
- Possess excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt or its environs.
Apply Before :-
30th May, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the position and reference code as the subject of the mail to: email@example.comView More Jobs at EST Master Construction Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: