Position Title: Capacity Development Officer, ECAD1.
Job Station: Other Countries.
Capacity Development Officer, ECAD1 job opportunity is available at African Development Bank Group (AfDB) for individuals who possess Hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, or in a related field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, Program Development (ECAD1), the Capacity Development officer will:
- The Capacity Development (CD) Officer, ECAD1, will play an active role in the day-to-day delivery of the Department’s mandate, ensure that high quality standards are observed, and collaborate with the staff of the Bank’s other departments and outside partners to promote capacity development in Africa.
- Develop programs, strategies and concept notes for capacity development for Regional Member countries.
- Undertake research on capacity development needs of the public, private and non-governmental institutions in Africa on any topic relevant for achieving the Bank’s High 5s.
- Design innovative programs to improve the quality of capacity development in Africa.
- Manage the delivery of capacity development activities such as workshops, seminars, conferences, and roundtable meetings at the Bank’s headquarters and in the Bank’s Regional Member Countries.
- Actively engage in resource mobilization for capacity development activities.
- Prepare briefs, information notes, and news articles on the activities of the Division.
- Undertake evaluation of the effectiveness of capacity development and other development activities of the Division.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Supervisor
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Administration, or in a related field. A PhD will be an advantage.
- Experience in teaching, research or in operations with proven competence and ability to develop concept notes, design training programs and deliver lectures in one of the following fields: (i) Macroeconomics/Economic Management; (ii) Financial Sector Development; (iii) Fiscal Affairs (including revenue generation and debt management); and (iv) Fiduciary Affairs of a Project Implementation Unit (Procurement, Disbursement or Financial Management).
- Have a minimum of four (04) years of relevant and progressive work experience. Experience in writing notes, reports and briefs and ability to handle knowledge dissemination.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a passion for figures and a mastery of the use of relevant software to prepare pictorials, charts and graphs.
- Sound knowledge and good understanding of capacity development needs in Africa at national levels and also at the level of project implementation units.
- Proficiency in writing proposals for resource mobilization.
- Capacity to conceptualize new approaches and innovation in capacity development and to develop user friendly training materials.
- Ability to interpret policies, guidelines and procedures and draw personal judgment.
- bility to think strategically and link the goals of the Division and Department to the Bank’s core strategic goals, and set priorities accordingly.
- A demonstrated team player with strong communication, problem solving, self-organization and time management skills.
- A client and results-oriented individual with a proactive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (attach a sample of own writings) in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Apply Before :-
10th December, 2019.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
WHO IS African Development Bank Group (AfDB)?
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.View More Jobs at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: