Position Title: Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Team Leader.
Job Station: Borno State.
Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Team Leader job opportunity is available at Terre des hommes (Tdh) for individuals who possess University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Team & Human Resource Management:
- Participate in the identification, recruitment, training and management of staff members.
- Provide appropriate training, mentoring, coaching and technical guidance of the team under her/his responsibility.
- Participate in ensuring a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts) and follow the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis.
- Follow up staff attendances, leaves and provide monthly attendance sheets to her/his manager to facilitate payroll process.
- Ensure that the case management system for children and adults is aligned with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines, adheres and refers to the inter-agency standardized operating procedures and tools.
- Ensure that Case Work Officers thoroughly follow the case management steps ensuring that each step is properly implemented and documented in the individual’s file.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with all case worker officers, providing technical advice on cases and psychosocial support.
- Map existing specialized services and make sure that the referral pathway is up-to-date to facilitate beneficiaries’ access.
- Ensure data is collected systematically and accurately and logically presented to the line manager.
- Under the supervision of the line manager and based on the assessment’s findings, design an array of age and gender appropriate psychosocial interventions for children, adolescents and caregivers.
- Support the PSS Officer to draft a weekly activity schedule and revise it regularly as to make it adaptable to the evolving needs on the ground and according to the logistic needs and constraints.
- Ensure that signs of mental health and psychosocial distresses are identified, registered and cared for in timely and quality manner through referrals when appropriate.
- Train PSS Staff on basic concepts of case management in order to timely refer cases of individuals at risk or of affected by protection concerns.
- Conduct an initial assessment of the protection risks and concerns in his/her area of responsibility with an aim of defining contextually-relevant community mobilization strategy.
- Under the supervision of the line manager and based on the assessment’s findings, design an array of age and gender appropriate social events, educational programmes, awareness raising sessions.
- Ensure a close supervision of daily community outreach activities, support the staff in prioritizing interventions if needed, overcoming challenges and seeking synergies with other actors.
- Provide daily guidance and support to the staff, suggest changes, updates and improvements of relevant awareness raising, psychosocial, educational activities when needed.
- Promote and ensure project activities are in line with child protection and humanitarian principles.
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the North-eastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines.
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities.
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager with respect to the confidentiality.
Education in Emergencies:
- Liaise with humanitarian actors and government authorities for coordinated and harmonized education programming in the project areas.
- Supervise and provide technical support to the project team members for the quality implementation of the educational activities.
- Manage and update the monitoring tools used for the project on a regular and timely basis.
- Coordination & Representation
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors.
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (programme and support) of Tdh Nigeria.
- Participate in fora and meetings held at site level in her/his field of expertise, when relevant and necessary.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Contribute to updating the security plan on his/her area(s) of intervention.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/ Child’S Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline.
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in the field of child protection / protection/ Education / SGBV/ social work / case management.
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software.
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/Good capacity building and supervisory skills/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues (Child Protection and SGBV) and best practices / Previous experience child protection and education in emergencies is highly desirable.
- Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations;
- Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards,
- Good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection.
Apply Before :-
15th December, 2019.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Ensure to attach updated CV, Motivation Letter in a single file
- Due to the Emergency situation in the Northeast Nigeria, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and Position could be filled before the expiration of advert.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
WHO IS Terre des hommes (Tdh)?
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria implements projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.View More Jobs at Terre des hommes (Tdh)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: