Position Title: Civil Engineer.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Civil Engineer job opportunity is available at Nextzon Business Services Limited for individuals who possess B.Sc/M.Sc in Civil Engineering from a reputable and accredited university.
- We are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer that will be a component of civil engineering, which focuses on the design, and development of infrastructure such as buildings and skyscrapers.
- For most projects, the engineers will be responsible for securing public safety by ensuring the infrastructure is strong enough to withstand the various stresses they encounter through day-to-day operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Civil Engineer to perform engineering analyses, studies, and develop conceptual designs.
- A track record in the project management of housing related civil engineering schemes and infrastructure works
- Develop integrated structural designs and perform supporting calculations for the planned work
- Develop technical procedures and contributes to the development of standards, specifications, construction documents, and guidelines
- Work closely with Architecture department to develop substation foundation and structure drawings
- Prepare technical specifications for structural materials.
- Using different computer tools, perform structural analysis and design of steel frames, connections, concrete members, equipment and piping supports, and foundations.
- Managing parts of construction projects
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites and organizing facilities
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Minimum of B.Sc/M.Sc in Civil Engineering from a reputable and accredited university.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license like Coren – added advantage.
- High level proficiency in the use of Auto-CAD and SketchUp 3D or any other design application like Revit, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, V-Ray, Flash.
- Overall min of 5 years’ experience in the construction and/ or supervision any project of similar nature in Interior designs, Exterior and Interior Architecture Schemes.
- Must be able to recognize drawings, design, plan and implement with least hand-holding needs
- Must have hands-on experience in similar projects.
- Leading and supervising.
- Working with people.
- Adhering to principles and values.
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Writing and reporting.
- Applying expertise and technology.
- Planning and organizing.
- Creating and innovating.
- Meeting customer expectations.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Coping with pressures and setbacks.
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in a similar role.
Apply Before :-
31st January, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- The candidates could require extensive travel within Nigeria, based on project requirements.
- If you want to be a part of this unique team, kindly send in your cover letter and resume quoting the reference number of the position of interest.
- Only those who meet the above criteria need apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due course.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: