Position Title: Cook / Cleaner.
Job Station: Borno State.
Cook / Cleaner job opportunity is available at Medecins du Monde (MdM) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Under the responsibility of the Human Resource Officer and with technical links with the logistic department, the Cleaner/Cook is responsible for Cleaning and maintaining, MDM Offices and Guest Houses.
- S/He is responsible for Food Preparation and Restocking of the Kitchen if necessary to Avoid Running out of supply, Also Cleaning and Maintaining of Kitchen and Kitchen Utensils.
- S/He works within the organization policies and procedures in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfil the objectives of the mission and to respect MdM and donors’ guidelines.
Under the supervision of the HR Assistant, the Cleaner/ Cook will be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure the daily cleaning, and tidying of the Guest House, and Offices.
- Ensure the daily cleaning of all rooms, balcony, shared areas, and offices.
- Ensure the supply of fresh towels, and bedsheets to rooms on a regular basis.
- Ensure the availability of cleaning materials ( tissue, napkins, soap, disinfectants mops, brooms)
- Ensure the washing, and ironing of all bed sheet, cloths, and curtains of the Guest House, and offices.
- Ensure that the compound is clean on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the trash bins are regularly empty, and clean.
- Ensure the safety of all items, and equipment placed at his/her disposal
- Will respect the instruction given by the supervisor, will be responsible for the purchase of food, planning for meals and after validation of admin department will go to do the shopping.
- Will prepare full meals per day for the staff, respecting hygiene procedures
- Responsible for the preservation, and kitchen storage (food and non-food items).
- Work with Logistics department to ensure the supply of safe drinking water to the office, and Guest House.
- Clean the kitchen, and its surrounding
- Responsible for the items, and equipment placed at his/her disposal
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Perform other additional duties on request of the country representative and logistic officer
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
- He/she works under the supervision of the Human Resource Officer.
- The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde – France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested
Apply Before :-
21st February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
WHO IS Medecins du Monde (MdM)?
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.