Position Title: Cough Officer: Adhoc Staff.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Cough Officer: Adhoc Staff job opportunity is available at Damien Foundation (DFB) for individuals who possess OND in any field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Collaborate with the facility staffs at the different OPDs;
- Provide health Education on TB to all outpatients
- Visit the different OPDs and identify all patients coughing
- Enter the coughers name on the community referral register
- Escort presumptive TB to the DOTs clinic or where applicable collect the sputum sample from presumptive TB (following infection control guild)
- Ensure the name of the presumptive TB case are captured on the presumptive clinic register
- Ensure sputum specimen are taken to the laboratory and result retrieved for diagnosed patient to commence treatment
- Support active contact tracing for diagnosed TB patient- (refer to SOP on contact tracing)
- Report weekly and monthly using the summary form to the DOTs officer, TBLS and DFB.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Minimum of an OND in any field (Basic Sciences or Medical related discipline are added advantage)
- Past experience in Public health programme will be an advantage.
- Experience: 1 year
- Age: Not more than 35 years
- Coverage Area: 20 LGAs in Lagos State (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja).
Apply Before :-
31st January, 2020
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
WHO IS Damien Foundation (DFB)?
Damien Foundation (DFB) is a non-profit humanitarian medical organization affiliated with Damien Foundation Belgium (DFB) and is assisting the Federal Government of Nigeria with the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) in Oyo, Osun, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Ekiti and Lagos States.
As Sub Recipient (SR) to LSMOH / GMU and IHVN TB project under Global Fund Grant, DFB has been vested with the responsibility of implementing Active TB case finding programme in 20 LGAs (Apapa, Ajeromi-Ifelodun, Ojo, Alimosho, Lagos-Island, Lagos-Mainland, Amuwo- Odofin, Mushin, Kosofe, Ikorodu Badagry, Epe, Eti-Osa, Ibeju-Lekki, Agege, Ifako-Ijaye, Oshodi-Isolo, Shomolu, Surulere and Ikeja)View More Jobs at Damien Foundation (DFB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: