Position Title: Director of Works and Services.
Job Station: Bayelsa State.
Director of Works and Services job opportunity is available at University of Africa Toru-Orua (UAT) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
The Director of Works and Services shall report to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the following:
- Coordination of municipal services such as water, electricity, roads, e.t.c
- Preparation and management of a schedule of maintenance of University assets, and ensure that all buildings in the University and other infrastructural facilities are adequately maintained.
- Coordination of the operation and maintenance of University vehicles
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- A good first degree in Civil Engineering with at least a Second Class (Lower Division) and registration with the Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) plus at least 15 years post qualification experience
- OR a Master’s degree in Civil Engineenng plus 12 years post-qualification experience, with evidence of Registration with COREN. Part of the experience should be within a university setting or comparable institution
- The successful candidate should be of an age of not more than five (5) years to mandatory retirement age.
- Where applicable, the contract may be renewed for only one additional term of five (5) years or part thereof, but not beyond his/her retiring date from the University.
- The University offers an attractive compensation package based on the Public Universities conditions of service and it includes Bayelsa State’s generous insurance coverage for healthcare.
23rd September, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit the following electronically:
- A formal Letter of Application, not more than two (2) pages long
- One (1) copy of an up-to-date curriculum vitae (not more than 8 pages long), photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents
- A vision statement (not more than two (2) pages long) stating the applicant’s vision of a strategic direction for the position
- Contact details of three (3) referees (one of whom must be the candidate’s current or former Head of Department).
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted in confidence, directly to:
University of Africa,Toru-Orua,
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO IS University of Africa Toru-Orua (UAT)?
The University of Africa, Toru-Orua (UAT) is a State University established in 2016 by the Bayelsa State Government (University of Africa Law 2016) with one of the key tenets of its mission being a focus on internationalisation. The University has already taken strides to give life to that aim by having started to build a multi-racial and multi-cultural campus community by facilitating the inclusion of highly competent international faculty and students from different parts of the world. Currently, it offers 26 programmes leading to bachelor’s degrees in four (4) faculties, namely: Agriculture, Arts and Education, Basic and Applied Sciences and Social and Management Sciences. New programmes are also expected to start soon in Health Sciences, Engineering and Law.View More Jobs at University of Africa Toru-Orua (UAT)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: