Position Title: Engineer, NSMC NSS/VAS.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Engineer, NSMC NSS/VAS job opportunity is available at MTN Nigeria for individuals who possess B.Sc or HND.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- 24x7x365 network management; faults detection, analysis, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution as related to all Network Switching Sub-System (NSS) Nodes or elements and ensure that MTN network faults are actioned/resolved to company’s requirement.
- Improve Network performance by providing real time and prompt resolution to all network faults on MTNN network.
- Managing Network Changes and ensuring that changes on MTNN network are in line with company policies and procedures.
- Maximizing asset monetization and ensuring Return on Investment (Asset).
- Budget Capitalization as planned.
- Minimizing OPEX, achieving savings on budget without compromising value or quality.
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoters Score
- Support NCC KPI compliance.
- Support with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals.
- Provide 24*7*365 network management; faults detection, analysis, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution of all Core Network Nodes on 2G & 3G such as MSCs, MGWs, HLRs, etc.
- Detecting and acknowledging of all alarms from all network switching elements
- Real Time Performance/Management of all core network elements for effectiveness and provision of daily reports for the next action to be carried out to improve network quality.
- Perform routine maintenance on all Network Switching Subsystems Nodes or Elements across all switching centers in the country ensuring optimal network performance and meeting business objectives and plans at all times.
- Assume responsibility for correctly forwarding trouble tickets issued against all MTN Staff, other GSM providers, International providers and MTN contractors. Also ensure that those tickets are resolved within specified timeliness or Period.
- Identifying malfunctioning of all Network Switching Subsystems(NSS) Nodes or for overall efficiency and trouble spots using various tools such as Ericsson TMOS, FACTS, REWESS, Remedy, OSS, etc
- Escalate all unresolved faults to the NSMC Coordinator if necessary
- Act as interface and also provide access ref number to MTN Contractors, Support Engineers or High Level Support Engineers and other GSM/PTOs companies for planned work/change request and access to all MTN Switching Centers
- Perform NSMC duties as instructed by NSMC Coordinator, e.g., correlation of outages, reporting, follow-up and resolution of all Network Switching Subsystems (NSS) Outages or faults.
- Escalate all faulty devices or hardware detected after troubleshooting/diagnosing (which cannot be resolved remotely) to the Support Engineers or High Level Support Engineers for replacement in order to improve network performance.
- Provide real time security information to all regional security offices across the country in order to protect all MTNN equipment through real time network surveillance
- Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NSMC functionality.
- Provide Ideas and feedback on Network Status based on specific or agreed KPIs (Answer Seizure Ratio-ASR, Processor Load and Route Utilization Rate) to the Relevant Planning Units.
- Interface with other GSM Operators by troubleshooting/diagnosing and resolution of complex faults.
- Ensure proper management and implementation of all Network changes according to the organization process and procedures
- Provide regular update on MTNN performance and other network outages to the all the stake holders( Management(escalation unit, sales and distribution, Information Systems (IS),customer relations, marketing and other relevant department in MTNN
- NSMC Shift Hand-over procedure and Other Processes and Procedures are strictly adhered to
- Any extra duty as given from time to time by the NSMC Coordinator.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- B.Sc. in Electrical Electronics /Computer Science/Engineering or a related field.
- UNIX, CCNA certification beneficial
- Minimum of 3years’ hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
- Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson, Huawei switches is desirable
- Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network Operations Center
- B.Sc or HND
Apply Before :-
23rd December, 2019.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS MTN Nigeria?
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.View More Jobs at MTN Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: