Position Title: Finance Assistant.
Job Station: Adamawa State.
Finance Assistant job opportunity is available at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Search for Common Ground seeks a Finance Assistant to provide financial support, liaising closely with the Admin and Logistics in the offices and the finance team to ensure good record-keeping, as well as liaising with the housekeeping staff to support the smooth running of the office.
- The position holder will be responsible for a range of bookkeeping responsibilities as well as providing support on finance and project budget management functions.
- Carrying out and recording relevant financial transactions as well as coordinating the financial coding of these transactions will all be part of your daily routine. You will oversee the maintenance and reconciliation of bank records and, as SFCG receives funding from a number of donors.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining ledgers and contributing to the regular financial reporting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Support the Finance Lead in effective financial management of the project.
- Ensure proper documentation of vouchers and receipts, financial reporting, proper coding of expenses, distribution of payments, tracking petty cash distribution and bank deposits;
- Work closely with the Admin and Logistics unit to ensure timely payments for goods and services rendered to SFCG;
- Support Finance Lead to strengthen financial and accounting systems – identifying gaps, weaknesses and issues and recommending and implementing solutions;
- Ensure compliance with SFCG and donor accounting requirements.
- Undertake regular reconciliation and other expenditures and income, according to agreed timeframes and standards.
- Collaborate with SFCG finance teams in order to fulfill payments and other project expenditures.
- Ensure that all expenditure is charged to the correct budget line.
- Liaise with the Finance Lead to ensure smooth and proper coordination related to regular payments and purchases
- Ensure overall financial compliance and management across the consortium
- Follow up with consortium partners for financial tracking and spending rate
- Conduct internal verification within the consortium to ensure costs eligibility and compliance
- Maintain regular communication and provide support to finance teams of Search’s partner
- Support the reporting process by ensuring all documents supporting transactions are collated, reviewed and reconciled before submission to the Finance Lead for upload to the system.
- Support the Finance Lead to maintain a tracker of all subcontracts and other activities under grants.
- Review and monitor budget performance by analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Manage transactions effectively and efficiently to ensure quality reporting.
- Carries out tasks in support of assigned activities, such as photocopying, processing paperwork, and organizing meetings.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance.
- An ICAN Certification or Master’s Degree in Accounting would be an added advantage.
- 1 – 2 years ́ professional experience providing financial, administrative, logistical, and/or operational support
- Experience working in an NGO or civil society is a plus
- Experience working with little or no supervision
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator,
- Strong IT skills (Email, Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Presentation).
- Good reporting capacity and experience
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
30th September, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work
- This position is based in Yola, Nigeria with frequent field visits within the State.
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
WHO IS Search for Common Ground (SFCG)?
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: