Position Title: Finance Officer.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Finance Officer job opportunity is available at International Rescue Committee (IRC) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), implemented projects to support food security, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH in Kogi State. Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted geographical location to the North East, in Adamawa state to provide humanitarian response to the conflict-affected populations. In the North East, IRC has three operational offices: Yola and Mubi field offices in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the latter office opened in October 2015. In both states, IRC is providing humanitarian support to internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp-like settings, host communities and returnee populations.
The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectoral interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs. Currently, the IRC is expanding programs in Borno state to address the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host communities in recently liberated LGAs.
The Finance Officer reports to the Senior Finance Manager in Abuja, She / he supports the Finance Manager in managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in the Abuja office, assisting in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems and ensuring compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Supporting Finance Manager in managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in field office.
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Supervise the Finance Assistant and ensure copies of all finance documents are properly filed
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Liaison with Logistics, Administration and Program, prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for field office by 2nd of every month.
- Liaison with field office bank on all banking issues.
- Ensure that statutory deductions are paid on time to avoid any penalty
- Forward to the payroll Administrator every month, outstanding personnel advances and charges related to T7 for recovery. Ensure that advances taken in a given month are liquidated appropriately.
- Conduct occasional timesheet audits for field office.
- Assist Finance Manager with balance sheet reconciliations
- Help in following up advances liquidations
- Manage Field Office Daily cash
- Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
- Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Supply Chain Officer prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports
Finance / Budgeting:
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by the Finance Officer/Finance Controller.
Security / Communication:
- Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office
- Report to the Finance Officer / Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from recognized College / Institutions
- Minimum of three (3) years of professional accounting experience.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel
- INGO Finance experience is highly desired
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluency in local context language is highly desirable
Apply Before :-
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS International Rescue Committee (IRC)?
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.View More Jobs at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: