Position Title: Firemen and Fire Engine Driver.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Slot: 2 Openings
Firemen and Fire Engine Driver job opportunity is available at Dangote Petroleum Refinery for individuals who possess Nigerian Certificate of Education / HND.
- Firefighting and Rescue Operations in Hydrocarbon Industry and sustain continuously improve his best performance in fire prevention and fire protection.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Carry-out routine fire patrol in the Refinery site.
- Ensuring that all emergency and firefighting equipment are in a ready and fit-to-use state at all times.
- Turn out to every fire scene within the terminal and outside the terminal as shall be directed.
- Initiate the firefighting/ fire suppression through the deployment of equipment not limited to the fire engine alone. Carry-out daily routine maintenance checks on the fire appliance, water tanker and other ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for replenishing water and foam compound in the fire appliance after every turn out. Responsible for driving the fire engine/water tanker, to and fro every fire scene and for other operations as shall be directed.
- Participate in salvage and rescue operations to limit loss/injury to equipment and personal during any incident.
- Perform stand-by duties to monitor discharge/loading operations of flammables and volatile chemicals. Conduct fire evacuation drills bi-annually and ensure good awareness of the terminal’s emergency procedures.
- Carry-out other duties as assigned. Competence Requirements Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- To turnout and fight all types of emergencies like fire, gas leak, spillage, rescue and structural collapse etc.
- To maintain firefighting equipment and installations to its best performance as designed.
- To prevent fire during all identified critical hot jobs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Holder of Nigerian Certificate of Education / HND.
- Six Month Fire Training certificate from recognized Fire Training Institute of Nigeria
- Candidate must have current Driver’s License for Fire Engine category.
- Satisfactorily demonstration use of firefighting skills with Firefighting Appliances / Fire Tenders.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large manufacturing industry which has fire protection system including external fire-hydrant system, sprinkler system, foam spray system and firefighting trucks
22nd November, 2019
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS Dangote Petroleum Refinery?
Dangote Petroleum Refinery, a subsidiary of Dangote Group, is a state-of-the-art refinery (world’s largest single train refinery) with an integrated petrochemical complex and an unltra-modern fetilizer complex with the largest trains in the world are under construction at Lekki, in Lagos State.View More Jobs at Dangote Petroleum Refinery
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: