Position Title: Fraud Analyst.
Job Station: Other Countries.
Fraud Analyst job opportunity is available at Paystack Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
About the Role
- Everyday, Paystack processes millions of transactions from all over the world. One of our top priorities is to ensure that every single one of those payments is processed securely.
- We’ve used our understanding of transaction patterns and customer behaviour to build fraud prevention systems that aim to prevent unauthorised or fraudulent transactions while providing a delightful payment experience for legitimate users. And as the methods used by bad actors evolve, we continue to glean insights from transaction data to improve the payment experience and evolve our approach in parallel.
- The Fraud Analyst plays a major part in making this happen.
- The Fraud Analyst is responsible for analyzing transaction trends, developing fraud prevention strategies, and executing processes that will help us keep fraud levels below our acceptable thresholds. We’ll rely on you to get ahead of fraud trends in payments across Africa, engage merchants and partners, oversee monitoring of flagged transactions, and review fraud data to improve our fraud monitoring system.
- You’ll work closely with our Data team to generate fraud metrics to show the performance of our fraud systems, and you’ll share your insights with our Product and Engineering teams to help them optimize our internal tooling, and to build new products that allow our merchants better defend themselves.
- You’ll also work closely with the Integrations and Key Accounts teams to advise merchants on how to design their products to minimize fraud. You’ll educate merchants through our self-serve Help Center documentation, webinars, and one-on-one consultations to help them operate according to best practice, and ensure that they’re collecting the right KYC information that can aid an investigation when fraud is reported.
- We’re looking for someone who enjoys the puzzle of adapting to the ever-changing nature of fraud on the internet to help us make payments safer. If you believe this is you, we would love to partner with you to make this happen.
- There has never been a better time to join Paystack. We’re building the financial technology rails that thousands of businesses across several countries rely on to drive growth, and as a member of the User Ops team, you’ll ensure a high level of operational efficiency that keeps us worthy of their trust.
- This is a full-time role, and you’ll report directly to the Customer Success Manager, Dispute Operations. The successful candidate will ideally be physically located within the GMT to GMT +3 timezones. If you’re based outside Nigeria, the role will require occasional travel to Lagos, Nigeria at least four times a year, when it’s safer to travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Monitor real-time transaction queues and identify high-risk transactions.
- Identify gaps in our processes and systems and make recommendations to reduce risk
- Work with the Risk & Compliance team to recommend anti-fraud processes for evolving transaction patterns and trends
- Evaluate fraud risk and take appropriate actions on potentially fraudulent activity
- Recognize subtle patterns of fraudulent activity and work closely with partners and merchants to prevent them
- Use data analytics tools such as Excel and SQL to analyse our fraud data, and share trends and insights with the rest of the company
- Improve Paystack’s fraud monitoring system and recommend new tools used for fraud detection, prevention, and reporting activities where necessary.
- Generate suspicious activity reports and risk management reports and share them with regulatory bodies
- Carry out root cause analysis of fraud losses and mitigate losses.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
You’ll thrive as Paystack’s Fraud Analyst if you:
- Have over 2 years experience as a Fraud Analyst preferably at a high-growth tech startup in the financial services space
- Are proficient in SQL/ Advanced Excel or any other data manipulation tool
- Have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills. You operate with a high degree of autonomy and are able to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail, able to spot patterns or anomalies and investigating them to confirm or discard your suspicions
- Are constantly seeking for better processes rather than managing the status quo
- Possess a solid understanding of fraud trends and have experience using technology to detect, prevent, analyze, investigate and optimize fraud processes
- Have basic knowledge of common regulatory policies and standards in the Fintech industry.
10th October, 2021 at 11:59 PM WAT.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Instructions (Read carefully)
- Click the Apply Now button to go to the application form, and answer the application question.
- In your cover letter, please take care to explain how your professional and personal experiences have set you up to thrive in this role. This is important. We find that while unsuccessful applicants tend to simply summarize their CV, successful applicants are able to clearly articulate how their background makes them uniquely suited for this role.
WHO IS Paystack Nigeria?
Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: