Position Title: General Manager, Medical Lab & Diagnostic Centre.
Job Station: Lagos State.
General Manager, Medical Lab & Diagnostic Centre job opportunity is available at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) for individuals who possess First Degree in Medicine, Health Science, Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
Reference Number: 130-PEO01172
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
Planning and Execution:
- Participates in the development of the company’s corporate strategy by providing strategic insights and inputs on all Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions
- Coordinates the development and administration of the department’s business strategy and implementation initiatives
- Oversees the formulation, and administration of the policies and processes governing the management of all the Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions in line with its corporate strategy, key business objectives, industry leading practices, standards and applicable laws
- Monitors the institutionalisation of a customer focus culture and high performance across the Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions
- Oversees the preparation and management of the annual budget for the Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions
- Determines the most effective and cost-beneficial delivery model for providing support services
- Reviews reports from all the units within the Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre function and provide periodic updates to the Management of the organisation
- Provides medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services by establishing specimen preparation procedures; developing and implementing analytical procedures; evaluating laboratory information; reporting results according to approved standards
- Maintains Diagnostic equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, service, and repair
- Maintains diagnostic centre supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Maintains diagnostic centre productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak and slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustment
- Maintains quality results by implementing QMS; performing proficiency surveys; reviewing quality control and quality assurance programs; making adjustments in policy and procedures; generating reports; maintaining records
- Maintains medical laboratory information system by identifying information needs and problems; recommending improvements; establishing priorities; testing; writing user manuals; training employees; maintaining security and confidentiality
- Implements new programs, tests, methods, instrumentation, and procedures by investigating alternatives; preparing proposals; developing and performing parallel testing; monitoring progress
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Makes daily rounds in Laboratory to judge effectiveness of operation, utilization of personnel and supplies, and general ethical and professional atmosphere
- Prepares department budgets for personnel, operating expenses and capital equipment
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of performance and ensures competency and appropriate licensure of personnel
- Maintains diagnostic centre staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Coordinate the department’s in-service training
- Responsible for providing 24/7 functionality of Laboratory Services.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and administration.
- Communicates administrative directive to department personnel
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with all internal/external stakeholders to ensure efficient service delivery
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements as it concerns all Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions
Leadership and People Management:
- Provides overall leadership and direction for the achievement of agreed targets/objectives for the Medical Lab and Diagnostic Centre functions
- Supports the implementation and facilitation of relevant workshops and training courses
- Promotes the company’s core values (Integrity, Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Innovation, Learning and Adaptability) and a strong team culture
- Manages the day to day performance, learning and development of the team, including one on one feedback sessions and conduct performance appraisals
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Minimum of a First Degree in Medicine, Health Science, Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- Relevant higher qualification, e.g. Master’s Degree in Medical Microbiology, Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant or related post-graduation experience, with at least five (5) years’ experience in a senior laboratory management position
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
- Possession of a current annual practising license
- ISO 15189 (Medical Laboratory QMS) Training an advantage
- Experience in strengthening diagnostic networks including supporting elements, such as specimen transport, biosafety, supervision, mentorship and quality assurance
- Knowledge of mycobacteriology laboratory work, solid and liquid culture and/or other diagnostics
- Expert knowledge of laboratory and diagnostic network
Skills and Competencies
Skills / Technical Competencies:
- People Management
- Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory services
- Laboratory Data Management
- Strategic Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Quality Assurance
- Detail Orientation
- Use of medical software and databases
- Problem Solving.
- Business & Industry Knowledge
- Customer Orientation
- Commercial Awareness
- Entrepreneurial Orientation
- Innovation and Creativity
- Leadership and People Management
- Operational Efficiency
- Technology Application
- Relationship Management.
25th December, 2020.
WHO IS PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)?
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) Nigeria – Our client is a Non-governmental Public hHealth organization in Nigeria and a leading organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.View More Jobs at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: