Position Title: Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager.
Job Station: Borno State.
Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager job opportunity is available at Save the Children Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context, all posts are considered level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis
- The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- This role will lead or manage the setup and scale-up of all emergency response logistics functions and responsibilities and will manage logistics staff. This role will support the Response Team Leader and the Head of Supply Chain and other members of the senior management team on the best use of Save the Children’s resources.
- The role includes logistics support with a broad spread of programmes, staffing, thematic interventions, and complexity
- As such, the role may include remote management, management of multiple field bases or direct line management of a large single project or function
- The post-holder will learn lessons from each assignment to help improve future practice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Management of all programme logistics; develop/implement the country logistics policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme, briefing and supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost-effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the Save the Children programmes, and need for timely delivery
- Provide advice and support to senior management on logistics issues, and collaborate with staff on budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Where delegated, be responsible for security management in line with Save the Children guidelines and procedures.
- Where appropriate, be responsible for developing and implementing emergency preparedness strategies across the logistics aspects of the operation
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required across the programme
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles
- Leads on the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts
Achieving results effectively:
- Accountability – ensure efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
- Decision making – demonstrates flexibility to adapt to plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
- Impact – Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received
- Programme Quality – Creates measures and metrics to track performance
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals, and monitors progress and performance
- Uses negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes
Operating safely and securely:
- Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Able to identify, and act on, low levels of resilience in others
- Remains focussed on the objectives and goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others:
- Delivers results and always acts with the beneficiaries in mind
- Demonstrates managerial courage by confronting difficult situations, seeking resolution and championing ideas
- Adapts plans and approaches based upon awareness of the external context
- Works to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of team members are harnessed to achieve individual and organisational success.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Significant prior NGO experience over 5 years in logistics management, within a complex / large scale country programme and in emergency response / humanitarian environments
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience of developing / implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet the programme objectives
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in logistics, including training and capacity building
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English with experience in managing multicultural teams
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention e.g. Health, WASH, Food Security
- Formal management training.
Apply Before :-
7th April, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply button below:
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
WHO IS Save the Children Nigeria?
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.View More Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: