Position Title: Information and Communication Technology Teacher.
Job Station: Abuja.
Information and Communication Technology Teacher job opportunity is available at Cornerstone Montessori Schools for individuals who possess B.ED, B.A/B.S, M.ED degree in education from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
- To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in an elementary learning environment that guides and encourages pupils to develop and fulfill their academic potential.
- Work is performed under the supervision of the Head teacher.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor pupils in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage pupils’ behaviour in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual pupils and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of pupils’ progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on pupils and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to pupils, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.Observe and evaluate pupil’s performance and development. Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- To use ICT and other learning technology in the planning and delivery of lessons.
- Operation and maintenance of organization’s website and social media handles
- Operation of ICT clubs
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with pupils from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails when classes are not in session.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and pupil organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.ED, B.A/B.S, M.ED degree in education from an accredited institution or related field teaching
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms.
Apply Before :-
27th May, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
WHO IS Cornerstone Montessori Schools?
Cornerstone Montessori Schools was established in 2005 to cater to the holistic developmental needs of children aged 3 months to 12 years in a purposefully planned and prepared environment. Since its establishment, the school has grown considerably over the years and impacted the lives of thousands of children who have had the opportunity of being a part of the system. We are, however, not resting on our oars, but are continuously and relentlessly reaching for greater heights.View More Jobs at Cornerstone Montessori Schools
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: