Position Title: 2020 Internship Program - Session I.
Job Station: Other Countries.
2020 Internship Program - Session I job opportunity is available at African Development Bank Group (AfDB) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
- However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
Timeline for the Session 1 of the 2020 Program:
- The Session 1 of the 2020 Internship Program will run from February 2020 through June 2020.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Apply Before :-
8th December, 2019.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
- The Bank will run two (2) internship sessions during the year 2020. This announcement is for session 1, which will run from February through June 2020. The announcement for session 2 will be made in April 2020 and the session 2 will run from June through December 2020.
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
WHO IS African Development Bank Group (AfDB)?
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.View More Jobs at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: