Position Title: IPP Lead Mechanical Engineer (330 KVA Transmission Line Erection & Commissioning Experience).
Job Station: Lagos State.
IPP Lead Mechanical Engineer (330 KVA Transmission Line Erection & Commissioning Experience) job opportunity is available at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited for individuals who possess Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
This position will be responsible for a Design and Engineering work, planning and overseeing installation, Testing and Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of all Mechanical power equipment or systems related to Combined Cycle Power plant under general supervision.
The Mechanical system in CCCP shall consist of:
- Gas Turbines and auxiliaries
- Heat Recovery Steam Generators/Boilers
- Steam Turbines and auxillaries
- Other Power plant Balance of plant systems like Cooling towers, Air compressors, Feed water system, Deaerator, Condenser, Pumps, etc.
- Other Power plant support systems consisting of Rotating and Static equipment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Expertise in Design & Engineering, Engineering review and Comments, Installation supervision, Testing and Commissioning, Troubleshooting and O & M of all Mechanical systems of Combined Cycle Power plant.
- Supporting all the phases of project cycle from Concept, Design and engineering till Operation of complete Combined Cycle Power plant where little evaluation or ingenuity is normally required.
- Ensure that plant design comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Leads and coordinates all activities independently of design process, including attending meetings related to design, progress and coordination with clients and all stakeholders.
- Familiar with International codes, Standards and recommended practices for design and selection of Mechanical equipment (ASHRAE,BS/EN/ASME/IS/API, ASTM)
- Familiar with Gas Turbine, HRSG, Combined Cycle Power plants and Steam Turbine Testing codes.
- Guide, lead and coordinate the works of other Engineers, CAD designers, draughtsman, Erection engineer, Site engineer etc.
- Prepare and follow up design program/ Project schedule.
- Preparation or review of design drawings and reports, technical specifications, material submittals, method statements and updating of technical specifications from time to time.
- Preparation/ updating of Scope of Work, BoQ, specifications for RFP related to CCPP plants
- Review of technical proposals from EPC contractors, manufacturers/ suppliers and preparation of evaluation reports for all procurement related to CCPP plants
- Solve design-related issues/clashes in co-ordination with other parties involved.
- Ability to prepare, review, and approve Testing and Commissioning Plan, Procedures, Method Statements, Data Sheets, Testing Criteria, and Testing and Commissioning Reports.
- Prepare progress reports, quality reports in coordination with team and follow up
- Interact and communicate with clients, external and internal consultants, all internal team members and contractors to ensure smooth operation General knowledge of other related interconnected discipline systems.
- Performing detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and tests.
- Lead design engineering responsibility and supervise work done by Installation and Testing technicians during project execution.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 15 years experience in the power plant projects with specific experience with combined cycle gas-based power projects.(15 years for Lead Engineer position and more than 12 years for Senior Engineer position)
- 5+ years in construction of power plants
- Previous experience working for the Owner, Consultant or EPC contractor on large CCGT projects is essential.
- Readiness to travel
- Readiness to be at site based in Kwale, Delta State, Nigeria at least 50% time
- Previous international experience is required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project-related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Pay / benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
Apply Before :-
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS Oasis Africa Consulting Limited?
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited is the trading name of Modup-Oasis Consult Limited. Our founding team has over 16 years of combined HR experience providing innovative Human Resources (HR) and Enterprise solutions to various organizations.View More Jobs at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: