Position Title: IT Assistant - Systems Sourcing & Implementation.
Job Station: Abuja.
IT Assistant - Systems Sourcing & Implementation job opportunity is available at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) for individuals who possess Brevet de Technicien Superior (BTS) / Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Under the supervision of the PO, Systems, Sourcing & Implementation, the incumbent will assist in the acquisition of information systems technology (hardware and software) in line with the needs and approved standards of the organization under the supervision of the PO Systems Sourcing & Implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Support the tasks of defining user requirements, systems design and implementation,
- Provide information for the development of comprehensive project plans in accordance with international standards; showing tasks, resources, dependencies and status throughout the life of the project, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate observed changes in technology to the line supervisor in good time,
- Work with users and service providers to ensure specify requirements are met.
- In all phases of the project life cycle –
- Create and maintain comprehensive project plans in accordance with international standards; showing tasks, resources, dependencies and status throughout the life of the project, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Communicate changes in technology to key stakeholders including executive staff in good time and give guidelines for adoption
- Identify changing technology issues and risks and develop risk mitigation plan to address
- Ensure adherence to established service wide PMO processes, including governance processes.
- Perform any other task required in the discharge of duties
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Brevet de Technicien Superior (BTS) / Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or equivalent certificate in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is required from a recognized University.
- Five (5) years’ progressive experience in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is required in a similar institution.
- Experience working with interactive systems and applied knowledge of the organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s);
- Applied knowledge of general office automation software and local area networks;
- Knowledge of maintenance of assigned systems and development of innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problem;
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification (MCSE) and Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification is desirable;
- Proven and documented IT knowledge including knowledge of the latest IT techniques, advancements, trends, best practices and solutions including applications, analytics, governance, systems and business process integration;
- Analytical skills for solving complex problems through using technology, governance, management and leadership methods to meet customer objectives and expectations;
- Working experience in delivering IT projects or IT solution development;
- Strong facilitation, consultation and convening skills and experience. Training experience is a plus.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS Key Competencies:
- Ability to assume a credible presence when explaining rules, standards and expectations (e.g. deadlines) to ensure compliance and work expectations are met;
- Ability to motivate self and / or others to engage in discussions that will result in recommendations to improve processes, templates or other work tools;
- Ability to engage in positive approaches to team work, participate actively in discussions and the achievement of team goals;
- Ability to take responsibility for own career and performance with the occasional guidance from the supervisor / mentor;
- Ability to build capacity of self and others by sharing knowledge, tools, expertise and experience with others to remain proficient and well informed in the execution of assigned role.
- Interpersonal, listening and multitasking skills with a good understanding of client service responsibilities and role in representing ECOWAS values in all interactions;
- Ability to take initiative to resolve routine problems associated with assigned tasks using good judgment in involving colleagues or superiors as required;
- Ability to work as part of a team to resolve concerns, problems and improve services;
- Ability to manage own time effectively and organize own work area in a manner that will meet performance expectations related to assigned client services;
- Ability to direct people to the appropriate source for further information and ask for help when overwhelmed with client demands.
- Ability to apply culturally-relevant and appropriate approaches with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Good diversity management skills to interact with individuals in a manner that is culturally appropriate and in accordance with ECOWAS rules/policies;
- Ability to recognize preconceived notions and stereotypical views of certain groups and individuals and to successfully adopt inclusive and culturally appropriate behaviors;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Knowledge of diversity management as it relates to daily work expectations and assigned tasks.
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS mandate and operational goals of relevance to assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to keep up-to-date with Departmental activities, schedules and goals of pertinence to own work team, functional area;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS procedures relevant to assigned work and the ability to apply sound judgment in their application;
- Demonstrated strong interest and commitment to ECOWAS values and activities in daily assumption of duties.
- Excellent ability to maintain, process and provide accurate information as part of assigned tasks;
- Ability to organize files and information for easy retrieval and record keeping;
- Ability to spot mistakes, act promptly to correct them and learn from experiences;
- Knowledge and ability to challenge and question fundamental assumptions regarding accepted ways of doing things in the spirit of improvement
- Ability to use current technology to communicate effectively e.g. office software programs, including spreadsheets, word processing and graphic presentation software; ability to type and format presentations, reports, manuals, newsletters, website content and proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Well-developed information sharing skills using technology and in accordance in established processes and practices;
- Advanced verbal assertiveness and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to acknowledge and understand the validity of others’ viewpoints and to respond in a constructive manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Working knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to allocate time for specific task in a manner that will meet deadlines and quality / quantity expectations
- good organizational skills with an excellent ability to break down work into smaller parts and focusing on the most important steps first;
- With appropriate guidance, ability to contribute to maintaining organizational performance standards throughout implementation of new processes, practices and plans adopted by the Department and of relevance to assigned tasks;
- Ability to monitor progress and to consider new goals in the context of assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to follow through with commitments made to others.
UA20,166.30,USD 31,818.39 (G4)
UA25,527.53, USD40,277.34 (G5)
UA30,178.98, USD47,616.39 (G6)
Apply Before :-
4th May, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly; attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: B7itassistsystem@ecowas.int using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Click here to download Application Form (Ms Word)
WHO IS Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)?
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.View More Jobs at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)