Position Title: Laboratory Assistant / Technologist.
Job Station: Adamawa State.
Laboratory Assistant / Technologist job opportunity is available at American University of Nigeria (AUN) for individuals who possess HND or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Microbiology from a reputable tertiary institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- The Laboratory Assistant/Technologist is charged with the responsibility of preparing for and supervising practical laboratory sessions, responding to the needs of the faculty and student research projects, handling of minor maintenance and repair of laboratory equipment as well as the preparation of solutions and setting-up of equipment for scheduled labs.
- The incumbent shall also ensure that lab safety rules are adhered to in accordance with the University’s laboratory standard operating procedures.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- HND or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Microbiology from a reputable tertiary institution.
- At least 1 year experience and skills in science laboratory environment.
- Professional experience in field is a plus.
- Good working knowledge of chemicals and supplies in the science area.
- Excellent knowledge of safety and emergency procedures in science labs.
- Ability to organize work effectively and deal calmly and patiently with faculty members and students in the face of time pressures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Must demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently without supervision
- Molecular biology skills
- Research experience
- Attention to details
Apply Before :-
Open Until Position is Filled
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO IS American University of Nigeria (AUN)?
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.View More Jobs at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: