Position Title: Lead Electrical Engineer - (Experience in Construction of Combined Cycle Gas Power Project).
Job Station: Delta State.
Lead Electrical Engineer - (Experience in Construction of Combined Cycle Gas Power Project) job opportunity is available at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited for individuals who possess Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- This position will be responsible for a Design and Engineering work, planning and overseeing installation, Testing and Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of all electrical power equipment, or systems related to Combined Cycle Power plant under general supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Expertise in Extra High, Medium and Low Voltage power systems, Transformers, Motors, MV / LV VFDs, Generators, Control and Protection, Switchgears / MCCs, Switchyard and Transmission lines of 220KV and above, Manage technical discussions with third parties such as client, Consultants, suppliers, sub-contractors, OEM’s etc.
- Supporting all the phases of project cycle from Concept, Design and engineering till Operation of complete Combined Cycle Power plant where little evaluation or ingenuity is normally required.
- Familiar with International codes, Standards and recommended practices for design and selection of Electrical equipment
- General knowledge of other related interconnected discipline systems.
- Performing detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and tests.
- Using established and well defined engineering procedures.
- Gathering and correlating basic engineering data.
- Preparation of electrical drawings and specifications for new IPP project.
- Coordinate with clients, contractor and consultants to determine project requirements, schedules and deliverables.
- Lead design engineering responsibility and supervise work done by Installation and Testing technicians during project execution.
- Specify and set the standards for HSE requirements in the Electrical system of CCPP
- Familiar with interlocks and protection – wiring and instrument signals and drawings for both simple and combined cycle.
- Experience in 33KV Transmission line erection and commissioning.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 15 years’ experience in the power plant projects with specific experience with combined cycle gas-based power projects.(>15 years for Lead Engineer position and more than 12 years for Senior Engineer position)
- 5+ years in construction of power plants.
- Previous experience working for the Owner, Consultant or EPC contractor on large CCGT projects is essential.
- Readiness to travel
- Readiness to be at site based in Kwale, Delta State, Nigeria at least 50% time
- Previous international experience is required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
Pay / benefits are competitive based on industry standards
Apply Before :-
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: