Position Title: Lead I & C Engineer - (Experience in Construction of Gas based Combined Cycle Power Project).
Job Station: Delta State.
Lead I & C Engineer - (Experience in Construction of Gas based Combined Cycle Power Project) job opportunity is available at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited for individuals who possess Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- This position will be responsible for a Design and Engineering work, planning and overseeing installation, Testing and Commissioning, Operation and Maintenance of all systems related to Combined Cycle Power plant under general supervision.
- Preparation of Instrumentation Specifications, Philosophies, Lists, Requisitions, calculations, schedules and drawings for procurement, installation and commissioning of installations (Brownfield and Greenfield Projects) for Conceptual studies / Basic Engineering, Front End Engineering design (FEED), Detailed Engineering Design (DED) Projects.
The I & C system in CCCP shall consist of:
- GTG Control system (SIEMENS T3000 or GE MARK Vie or other OEM equivalent)
- STG Control system (SIEMENS T3000 or GE MARK Vie or ALSTOM or any other STG OEM)
- DCS Control system for complete CCPP (Yokogawa, Honeywell, METSO, SIEMENS, GE MARK Vie or equivalent )
- PLC’s of different BOP packages
- Field Instrumentation for GTG, HRSG, STG and BOP
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Expertise in Design & Engineering, Engineering review and Comments, Installation supervision, Testing and Commissioning, Trouble shooting and O & M of I & C system of Combined Cycle Power plant.
- Supporting all the phases of project cycle from Concept, Design and engineering till Operation of complete Combined Cycle Power plant where little evaluation or ingenuity is normally required.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant procedures, standards and regulations.
- Review of Instrumentation drawings (location drawings, interconnection drawings, cable termination drawings, cable tray / route drawings, cable block diagrams, control system block diagrams, shutdown logic diagrams, function block logic diagrams, hook-up drawings for various instruments, FAR layout drawings, junction box termination drawings, level coordination sketches,).
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline.
- Familiar with International codes, Standards and recommended practices for design and selection of I & C as described above
- Prepare RFQs (instruments, control systems, control panels)
- Review and tagging of P& ID
- Prepare engineering calculation spreadsheets.
- Takes entire responsibility for the execution of detailed design and ensuring compliance with the project specification
- Liaise with other departments, clients, vendor, subcontractors, third parties and approving authority.
- Participate in inter-disciplines, project, client, vendor, subcontractors and third parties meetings.
- Participate in design review such as HAZOP, SIL classification, Independent Design Review Constructability review, P&ID review and 3D model review meetings
- Perform Inter-discipline check and Job assignments
- Perform Instrumentation engineering review activities on documents/drawings produced out by other Engineers, Designers and CAD Operators.
- Prepare scope of work, man-hour and cost estimates for proposals
- Provide professional advice to peers in Instrumentation engineering design
- Prepare instrumentation cost time ratios (CTRs) for project Bids.
- Perform site verification and mark-up for Projects
- Coordinate with clients, contractor and consultants to determine project requirements, schedules and deliverables.
- Lead design engineering responsibility and supervise work done by Installation and Testing technicians during project execution.
- Specify and set the standards for HSE requirements in the I & C system of CCPP
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the project
- Familiar with interlocks and protection – wiring and instrument signals and drawings for both simple and combined cycle.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 15 years’ experience in the power plant projects with specific experience with combined cycle gas-based power projects.(>15 years for Lead Engineer position and more than 12 years for Senior Engineer position)
- 5+ years in construction of power plants.
- Previous experience working for the Owner, Consultant or EPC contractor on large CCGT projects is essential.
- Readiness to travel
- Readiness to be at site based in Kwale, Delta State, Nigeria at least 50% time
- Previous international experience is required.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks.
- Effective oral and written communications and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with the design team in the resolution of project related issues.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast paced multi-disciplinary team environment
Pay / benefits are competitive based on industry standards.
Apply Before :-
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: