Position Title: Legal and Claims Manager.
Job Station: Rivers State.
Legal and Claims Manager job opportunity is available at APM Terminals for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The purpose of this position is to advise terminal management on all issues relating to the legal & regulatory affairs within the local framework, & to handle all legal & regulatory issues that arise either directly or through the use of external legal firms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Advises Management on all issues relating to local legislation in all areas & required regulatory requirements from various local bodies.
- Attends as terminal representative at all hearings with relation to legal, regulatory or statutory matters either in court or with required local bodies.
- Maintenance of a proper follow up system to ensure that legal issues are dealt with in a timely & effective fashion.
- Supports the claims team in their handling of all Claims in relation with Shipping Lines, Consignees, Insurers, Surveyors and all Stakeholders in the Claims Process.
- Maintains local contacts with specialist legal firm on all issues.
- To keep company indemnified from acts, costs & consequences arising out of legal disputes by observing Government and Port Rules.
- To work closely with Stakeholders (Nigerian Police, Customs, EFCC, Security Agencies, Consignees etc.) to minimize legal issues.
- Drafting & checking standard legal documents such as board minutes, powers of attorney, concession agreements, etc. including official letters and correspondence pertaining to sensitive matters.
- Ensuring all corporate filings with the Corporate Affairs Commission are up to date and maintain proper records of all corporate filings.
- To maintain proper record of all documents in respect of land revenue, receipts and records.
- Translation of all legal documents/notices where required.
- Undertake research into case law to determine best course of action on legal issues.
- Negotiations with lawyers and contractors for all contracts (user, service and engineering contracts).
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
We are looking for:
- Accredited legal qualification with 8 – 10 years’ experience in handling legal matters preferably in the port sector or in related industry.
- Familiarization with local civil, criminal, commercial, real estate, torts, labour laws & practices.
- Knowledge of local Anti-Corruption laws and practice including facilitation payments as well as relevant UK, US and OECD laws and regulations on anti-corruption.
Apply Before :-
11th February, 2020.
REMUNERATION/ Benefits :-
Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development. We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS APM Terminals?
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.View More Jobs at APM Terminals
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: