Position Title: Livelihood Assistant.
Livelihood Assistant job opportunity is available at American University of Nigeria (AUN) for individuals who possess BSc / HND in Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, Humanitarian or related field.
- The Livelihoods Assistant will support the Livelihood Officer for technical implementation of the cash transfer program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Assist to screening, selected and verification of Beneficiaries as instructed by the Livelihood officer.
- Support in providing livelihood guidance to beneficiaries and/or group to increase beneficiaries’ awareness of different business options.
- Assist in providing information to beneficiaries about livelihood and business development opportunities.
- Support in assisting beneficiaries to establish home gardens/poultry production.
- Assist so as to facilitate the implementation of Cash Transfer programmes and funds for Work
- Provide administrative support if required.
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- BSc / HND in Business Administration, Sociology, Social Work, Humanitarian or related field.
- Experience in Livelihood Programming and trainings.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the field of business and/or livelihood programs is required.
- Demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good supervision and report writing.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Apply Before :-
26th May, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: email@example.com in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
WHO IS American University of Nigeria (AUN)?
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.View More Jobs at American University of Nigeria (AUN)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: