Position Title: Matron.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Matron job opportunity is available at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited for individuals who possess RN, RN / RM, Bachelor of Nursing Science preferred.
- The Nurse Matron reports primarily to the Clinical Service Manager and secondarily to the Lagos Medical Director and Director Nursing Services. The Nurse Matron acts as a central point of contact for both nursing officers and patients and helps to deliver on the hospital’s focus on patient centre care and providing world-class care, locally. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining clinical and patient-care standards and has extensive knowledge of the nursing procedures, staff rules, and patient policies. The Nurse Matron works closely with the hospital management and stakeholders in formulating and implementing new nursing strategies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Leads by example by demonstrating to the Nursing Officers and Healthcare Assistants the high standards of care Cedarcrest Hospital patients can expect.
- Empowers nurses by creating opportunities for more nurses to undertake a wider range of clerical responsibilities to speed up patient care, such as admitting and discharging patients, ordering tests and prescribing medicines.
- Provide excellent clinical and professionals leadership to the nursing staff at all levels including in-patient and outpatient services.
- Act as a role model for the nurses of Cedarcrest Hospitals, Lagos, promoting and demonstrating the standards of care and behaviours expected.
- Promote inter-professional communication and collaborative working within the department.
- Develop a culture that positively promotes learning from incidents and patient feedback.
Patient Centre Care:
- Making sure patients gets quality care, i.e responsible for driving up standards of care and leading work to improve professional practice and patient services.
- Making sure patients are treated with respect by ensuring their privacy and dignity are protected and making sure they are addressed in the way they choose.
- Responsible for resolving problems for patients and their relatives. Acts quickly to deal with problems when and where they occur and works closely with the hospital management team to resolve issues promptly.
- To lead on all aspects of patient safety and improving the patient experience.
- Ensure that patients and the public feedback is encouraged, heard, responded to and acted upon (bi-annual survey, Friends and Family Test, informal feedback, etc)
- Deliver and supervise the delivery of all aspects of nursing care to patients based on research, knowledge, and experience to maintain and raise standards of care.
- Provision of expert nursing care to patients and nursing advice to the management team.
- Sets and monitors standards and taking action to ensure that specifications are met.
- Ensuring the patient’s nutritional needs are met. Liaise with the hospital kitchen staff to ensure patients get the right meals, at the right time, and ensure patients can eat them.
- Ensuring that nursing care is delivered to a high standard and that the nursing resources are managed effectively.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and Clinical Service Manager, the Nurse Matron will be responsible for monitoring and delivering key quality improvements as required.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and Clinical Service Manager, the Nursing Matron will be involved in the planning and implementation of developments relating to patient care and quality throughout the Hospice.
- Work closely with the Medical Director and Clinical Services Manager to ensure that the Nursing Officers, Healthcare Assistants, and kitchen staff work effectively to achieve the Hospices objectives while ensuring that the hospice meets all the key criteria and the correct standard.
- Provide a visible, accessible and authoritative presence, establishing innovative and professional leadership that inspires, motivates and empowers nurses.
- Ensure the safe custody and administration of drugs following established procedures and laws.
Health and Cleanliness:
- Ensure the wards are always kept clean.
- Responsible for infection prevention and control lead. Ensure that the necessary equipment and mechanisms are in place to support infection prevention, as well as enforcing the hospital’s infection control policies.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Conversant with current emergency resuscitation techniques, both in theory and practice.
Relationship with Other Departments:
- Develop and promote professionalism and forge relationships with other health care professionals and non-clinical staff, to improve the patient experience.
Advisory and Supervisory Roles:
- Ensure that patients and the public feedback are encouraged, heard, responded to and acted upon (bi-annual survey, Friends and Family Test, informal feedback, etc).
- Be responsible for and lead the formulation and monitoring of annual nursing workforce development plans for the hospital, ensuring integration with the business planning cycle, and the optimal deployment of the nursing workforce.
- Ensuring expert nursing advice is available at all times, and that the nutrition and hydration needs of the patients are met, as well and pressure care and the prevention of pressure ulcers.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- RN, RN / RM, Bachelor of Nursing Science preferred. Any other qualification is an added advantage.
- A valid practice license from the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Management courses attended is an added advantage.
- Should possess 8 – 10 years’ post-qualification experience.
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption Letter.
- BLS certification preferred.
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff.
- People management skills.
- Excellent communication skills – orally and formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a similar position in a reputable hospital.
- Strong knowledge patient-centred care, as well as previous experience of instilling a strong culture of patient-centred care, is highly desirable.
- Should possess the ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to support the development of a positive work culture.
- Proficiency in multitasking and handling stressful situations Talent for negotiation and collaboration.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Apply Before :-
20th January, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Cedarcrest Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without undue bias.
WHO IS Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited?
Cedarcrest Hospitals was founded in Abuja in January 2008 and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics. Within a few years, the hospital expanded its scope of practice into a full-fledged private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world-class healthcare services to patients in Nigeria, West Africa, and globally.
With hospitals located in both Abuja and Lagos, our services accommodate over one hundred (100) beds and provide services and facilities such as emergency / trauma center, a helipad, major radiology diagnostic center, a prosthetic manufacturing plant, an oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, cardiac catheterization unit and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.View More Jobs at Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: