Position Title: MEAL Officer.
Job Station: Borno State.
MEAL Officer job opportunity is available at Save the Children Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Emergency MEAL Officer will coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement. S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program
- He/she provides technical support and training to the field staffs, participates to the roll out of the accountability framework and contributes to internal knowledge building. Provide support to implementing partners and program staff to systematically measure progress in the implementation
- She/he will provide a framework through which these measurements (M&E data) are fed back to those involved in the running of the various component of the project and ensure that the information can support and guide the decisions of the management team to improve the quality and impact the program operations.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Staff Directly Reporting to this Post: TBD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Key Responsibilities for M&E:
- Liaise with the MEAL Coordinator for the development and implementation of an M & E Plan for the Sector and provide MEAL related support to the sector.
- Develop data capture tools for beneficiary identification and registration and distribution register
- Provide community organizations, implementing partners and save the Children staff with clear and simple instructional sheets for each data collection tool and trained/provide regular coaching to relevant staffs and other stakeholders on data quality and the use of the data collection tools.
- In consultation with education sector lead, design and develop program database, IPTT and regularly update database for the sector.
- Update M&E plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Organize learning events and document lesson learn/findings of PDM, CPA, field monitoring visit with education sector and develop learning paper with action plan and timeline.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Provide project related figures and conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data; Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Manager.
- Lead the coordination of field data collection and the flow of reports from the field to the management team and provide regular feedbacks to field workers and key stakeholders of progress in program implementations
- With support from the MEAL Coordinator and MEAL Manager, establish and maintain project level information management system.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders. Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports and statistics as well as mid-/final reports to stakeholders
- Advise and put in place a system for promoting transparency and accountability of plan for stakeholders.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring, Child Participatory Activities for the project and Field monitoring visit to project locations.
- Data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports e.g. analyse PDM/CPA data and produce reports
- Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of Relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years post NYSC experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies
- Detailed knowledge of M & E frameworks and M & E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases
- Good understand of routine data quality checks/validation
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing, including supervising field data collection teams and writing research case studies
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Training and facilitation skills in Education,
- Experience in advocacy for education related issues
- Working knowledge of Hausa language.
- Have experience and / or knowledge about working with children on research issues and is aware of the local legal and child protection systems.
- Experience of working in a post conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Project management experience
- Ability to work as part of a team, Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines,
- ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
Apply Before :-
21st February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidate should:
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received
- Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.
WHO IS Save the Children Nigeria?
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.View More Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: