Position Title: MHC & RTG Electrical Technician.
Job Station: Rivers State.
MHC & RTG Electrical Technician job opportunity is available at APM Terminals for individuals who possess relevant qualifications
- To repair, fault find and diagnose electrical and electronic faults on Mobile Harbor Cranes (MHC), Rubber Tyred Gantry (RTG), Spreaders (SP) and other equipment in compliance with Code of Practice in the most cost-effective manner.
- Ensuring optimum availability and reliability of equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on MHC, RTG, SP and other plant and equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyse the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of MHC, RTG, SP and other equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from quay and yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiners defect list.
- To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- Advise MHC & RTG Fore-man and or MHC & RTG Supervisor on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work;
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- An Electrical Technician with experience in maintenance of Mobile Harbor Cranes, Rubber Tyred Gantry and Spreaders.
Apply Before :-
21st February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS APM Terminals?
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.View More Jobs at APM Terminals
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: