Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator.
Job Station: Abuja.
Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator job opportunity is available at RTI International for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- RTI International is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator for a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded project to strengthen International Health Regulations (2005) capacities of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) and support NCDC to address priority areas stipulated in the National Action Plan for Health Security.
The M&E Coordinator has a dual role as follows:
- Lead the design, implementation, and effective use of the project M&E system to help the project team, NCDC and CDC document and achieve the project objectives; and
- Provide technical assistance, training, and mentoring to strengthen capacity of government counterparts to analyze, visualize, and use disease surveillance data.
- This is full-time position in Abuja, Nigeria. The M&E Coordinator reports directly to the RTI Project Director.
- This position has an anticipated initial term of employment of one year, with the potential to extend employment for an additional period of 4 years, based on receiving additional funding from CDC and approval from RTI International.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Manages the development and implementation of the project monitoring and evaluation plan, including collecting indicator data, managing data collection and flow, analyzing results, and reporting results internally.
- Produces monitoring and evaluation presentations, reports and success stories and shares information/feedback with project management to inform decision-making.
- Leads evaluations, assessments and surveys – including survey design, sampling approach, questionnaire design, data collection training and field testing, and data entry.
- Develops methods for ensuring data quality and consistent and timely data collection for the project.
- Stays abreast of CDC Global Health Security (GHS) and Joint External Evaluation and WHO Benchmarks for monitoring and evaluation
- Supports the program by carefully documenting lessons learned
- Builds capacity of counterparts in M&E and data collection and analysis related to disease surveillance.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- MS + 3 years or B.Sc + 6 years of experience in the Social Sciences, Health Sciences or other field technically related to monitoring and evaluation and information management
- Demonstrated experience in M&E design, implementation, and analysis.
- Experience implementing M&E for US government agency programs, health sector preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in evaluation research design and analysis methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performance management, including developing indicators (outcome/impact), data collection methods and tools, and data quality assurance.
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and presentation of M&E data
- Experience in disease surveillance strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, and developing M&E and/or performance monitoring plans in the context of Global Health Security Agenda and International Health Regulations preferred
- Ability to work with project team members, partners, NCDC and government counterparts to gather M&E data.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer technical skills through mentoring.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Demonstrated experience in health data analysis using Excel, Epi-Info, DHIS2, and/or similar tools. Experience using SORMAS preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English required, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Apply Before :-
30th April, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via firstname.lastname@example.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
WHO IS RTI International?
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.View More Jobs at RTI International
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: