Position Title: National Consultant - Vulnerability Risk Assessment and Mapping (VRAM).
Job Station: Abuja.
National Consultant - Vulnerability Risk Assessment and Mapping (VRAM) job opportunity is available at World Health Organization (WHO) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
Nigeria has experienced over the past few years several large outbreaks of emerging and reemerging infectious pathogens like Lassa fever, Cerebrospinal Meningitis and Monkeypox. As a follow up to country risk profiling of infectious hazards and vulnerability risk assessment and mapping (VRAM) conducted in July with multiple stakeholders including the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Nigeria Meteorological Agency (NIMET), data collection was done on the hazards identified nationally. This is a necessary step towards developing an all-hazards plan which is critical to identifying resources, priority interventions, and mitigation that contribute to the reduction of morbidity and mortality in populations at risk in the states.
The report of the VRAM data collection exercise is critical to the development of the National multi-hazard emergency preparedness plan which will take into account all existing contingency plans, reports and surveys. To this end the NCDC has requested the services of a consultant to compile, analyze the data and produce a report of data collection during the VRAM exercise using collected data and conducting in-depth detailed review into historic data and review of available research and reports of incidents in the country to develop a background and formulate recommendations for policy makers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
A national consultant working under the direct supervision of the Director for Emergency preparedness and Response NCDC:
- Support the NCDC to develop a plan of analysis of the VRAM data from a public health perspective
- Conduct a literature review of all historic information/ data, previous risk assessments, research, reports of hazard responses, plans, evaluations, after action reviews and other available national documents.
- Conduct analysis on the available VRAM national data collected from states in 2018
- Support the NCDC to synthesize information and develop a VRAM report using the outcome of the analysis including recommendations to facilitate the development of a national multi-hazard multi-sectoral plan
- Support the upskilling of NCDC technical staff in VRAM report development
- Any other duties
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Essential: Medical degree, other associated biomedical science or social science degree.
- Desirable: Masters degree in Public Health/Epidemiology.
- 2 years experience years in data analysis, interpretation and producing high quality reports
- Experience in policy formulation and use of data for decision making
- 7-10 years of experience consulting in public health is an added advantage
- Experience working with the government on environmental health programmes.
- Experience with risk mapping of public health hazards/emergencies and capacity/vulnerability assessment of at-risk populations
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Fluency in verbal and written English.
- Specific skills required: Excellent analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
11:59:00 PM; 13th November, 2019
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
WHO IS World Health Organization (WHO)?
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.View More Jobs at World Health Organization (WHO)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: