Position Title: Pastry Chef.
Pastry Chef job opportunity is available at Alan & Grant for individuals who possess BSc/HND in food science.
The Pastry Chef is responsible for creating an assortment of desserts, including pastries, cookies and other confections. Craft high quality recipes, develop seasonal offerings for the hotel guest, visitors and maintain quality standards and consistency of product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Able to produce all baked dish including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, cakes, cookies, pies, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts
- Develop, designs and creates new ideas for pastry kitchen
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings to ensure food presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Ensures and monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients and equipment for pastry section when needed and within budget
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectivelyMaintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Other duties
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- 3 years’ experience working within the food industry as a pastry chef, baker, or relevant role
- Minimum of BSc/HND in food science or related role
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Excellent knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Creativity and flexibility ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desert
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Good understanding of the restaurant business, budgets and time management skills
Apply Before :-
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Apply Now– Lagos
Apply Now– Port Harcourt
WHO IS Alan & Grant?
Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.View More Jobs at Alan & Grant
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: