Position Title: Portfolio Results Officer, PINS2.
Job Station: Other Countries.
Portfolio Results Officer, PINS2 job opportunity is available at African Development Bank Group (AfDB) for individuals who possess a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking or Economics or Social Sciences.
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization. The complex main functions are: to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa. The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- For effective, coherent and harmonized Private Sector Operations performed by the 5 sectoral departments of the Bank (Energy, Infrastructure, Industry and Trade, Agriculture and Social Services, Financial services) a Central Support Department for Non-Sovereign Operations (NSO)-related activities (PINS) was put in place.
- The primary role of PINS is to: (i) assist Sector Departments to efficiently design and monitor NSOs, in a coherent manner, in line with the best market practices and in consistency with the Bank’s related Strategies, Policies and Guidelines, including the Bank’s Private Sector Development Strategy and Policy, (ii) manage the corporate portfolio and provide shared services to the other NSO departments
- The Portfolio Results Officer is responsible for Quality Control and Reporting on the results of the NSO Portfolio. He/She will also extend support to Sector Portfolio Officers and Project Monitoring Officers in performing their duties, in particular in the use of Key Performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the results and impact of NSOs and in the use of early warning tools.
- The incumbent will also be responsible of the sections on the development impact of the periodic Flagship Portfolio Reports.
- The incumbent also takes an active part in committees/task forces related to NSO corporate portfolio issues, within the Bank and, when required, those initiated and led by the other DFIs partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Portfolio Results Officer will perform the following duties:
- Quality control of development results by reviewing the Supervision Reports prepared by Portfolio Management Officers.
- Assist sector Portfolio Officers and Project Monitoring Officers in improving development results tracking, including through critical review of data collected.
- Build an information basis that track, review and analyze data and consolidate results at corporate portfolio level.
- Coordinate the supervision and monitoring of NSOs’ Results, with Sector and Regional Organizational Units.
- Conduct portfolio analytical work to provide Senior Management with current state of the portfolio performance from a development impact perspective, making recommendations to improve the developmental impact of the portfolio.
- Review the monitoring of development results templates and related guidelines.
- Provide inputs to the regular revision of the Result Based Logical Framework (RBLF) guide for each sector.
- Participate in the design and implementation of tools, dashboards, and early warning system to improve the overall quality of the portfolio.
- Develop benchmarks in line with market trends and best practices among Development Finance Institutions (DFIs).
- Periodically contribute to various flagships reports to Management.
- Assist in designing capacity building programs for Investment and Portfolio Management Officers to improve NSOs’ implementation tracking.
- Act as the focal point to coordinate work with various quality assessment and control organs (BDEV, SNOQ, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Banking or Economics or Social Sciences;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in M&E techniques and practices. Knowledge of Multilateral Development Banks’ (MDB) private sector business will be an added advantage;
- Comprehensive state-of-the-art understanding of development impact of private sector investments.;
- Understanding and interest in economic concepts with good knowledge of international economic development issues;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of development results reporting, with strong drafting ability.
- Analytical and numerical skills with a good eye for details and proficiency in the use of analysis tools, especially Excel;
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues;
- Sense of initiative and innovation with strong analytical and communication skills;
- Team spirit with excellent interpersonal skills dealing with internal and external contacts;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competency in the use of Bank’s standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Apply Before :-
22nd January, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS African Development Bank Group (AfDB)?
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.View More Jobs at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: