Position Title: Power House Electrician.
Job Station: Rivers State.
Power House Electrician job opportunity is available at APM Terminals for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Under general guidance of the department Workshop Fore-men and / or Supervisor, this position ensures the company can deliver the operational capability required to provide sustainable and competitive business advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the WorkshopPower House Fore-men and / or Shift-in-Charge and / or Workshop ManagerSupervisor;
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and / or electrical repairs of electric power generators, power supply net, electric power distribution panels, terminal lighting etc are maintained in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
- Follows safety and health rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintenance of a safe working environment;
- Participate on Daily Safety Toolbox Talks with the teams
- Understand and applies LOTO system for day-to-day assigned jobs
- Understand assigned tasks and execute according existing procedures
- Reads work order and execute assigned work(s) according procedures.
- Must read and understand the electrical drawings of all equipment related to electric power generation, electric power distribution panels, electric power supply net etc in the terminal.
- Perform major electrical repairs such as assembling, dismantling and overhaul of electrical equipment components such as AC electric motors, AC electric power supply net, light masts, office lighting etc.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
Candidate should have extensive knowledge and understanding of AC power generation, electricity, electrical construction and application and must be able to trouble shoot all electrical related problems arising in the power plant and in the terminal.
- Working at APM Terminals brings a unique blend of being part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company.
- You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise, from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development.
- We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their careers.
Apply Before :-
21st February, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS APM Terminals?
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.View More Jobs at APM Terminals
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: