Position Title: Project Assistant - United in Security Project.
Project Assistant - United in Security Project job opportunity is available at Search for Common Ground (SFCG) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Search for Common Ground is looking for 2 Project Assistants. Under the supervision of the projects’ Project Manager in Nigeria, the Project Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of project activities assigned to her/him.
- The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the project manager in project-related activities, ensuring smooth operations of the project and consistency of project implementation in line with Search’s and donor regulations.
- He/she shall ensure that the project’s plans are in place and kept updated as per the project’s overall objective.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Provide direction in the coordination and management of Search’s activities in the related project State.
- Organize and participate in workshops, needs assessments, consultations, planning sessions, and provide technical inputs as necessary.
- Help identify the gaps and requirements in relation to the prevention of violent conflict.
- Develop relations with partners and work towards the enhancement of the project
- Support in the organization and implementation of activities; assistance in the design and delivery of training and other support activities.
- Contribute to effective communication and reporting on project activities in the field.
- Provide inputs for periodic technical reviews and manage changes in program direction and focus; project monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning, etc.
- Conduct frequent supervision and monitoring visits to project areas and identify any issues needing attention related to implementation, compliance, and program quality standards.
- Work closely with the Search team for the implementation of learning and recommendations from external or internal reviews and feedback.
- Work with the project team to develop a detailed costed work plan at the start of the project and ensure monthly updates are made to the output databases.
- Ensure that beneficiaries have access to feedback mechanisms and that data is monitored and responses are given within appropriate periods.
- In consultation with the Project Manager, represent Search at meetings, seminars, coordination fora, and other events.
- Ensure good collaboration and working relationships with the government and other relevant partners.
- Create appropriate links, working procedures and information sharing with key stakeholders
- Ensure project reports are produced on time and to a high standard.
- Provide brief updates (bi-weekly or weekly) to the Project Manager and members as the case may be.
- Report any new developments, problems, and challenges encountered in implementation promptly.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Peace Building, Development Studies or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- At least 1-year experience of project implementation, including engagement with several actors – governments, community, and religious leaders, civil society, governments, security organizations and specialist networks, etc.
Other Relevant Requirements:
- A good understanding of and North East and North Central Nigeria, particularly in terms of key political, social, security and economic issues
- Resident in the state of application, speaks local language (Hausa, Fulfulde, Tiv, Idoma, etc.) and understands the terrain
- Excellent diplomacy and interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a non-partisan manner, appreciating gender, cultural and ethnic diversity
- Ability to work individually, but also with experience of working effectively as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with attention to detail and an orderly approach to tasks
- Strong analytical skills, including drafting reports and briefings
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Must have a ‘hands-on’, practical mentality, be self-driven, and very motivatedz
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
WHO IS Search for Common Ground (SFCG)?
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.View More Jobs at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: