Position Title: Project Director, YouLEAD.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Project Director, YouLEAD job opportunity is available at Save the Children Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Provides technical leadership and direction to design, implement, update, and/or scale evidence-based approaches and activities to increase uptake and sustained use of FP services among adolescents in selected urban areas of Nigeria, ensuring that approaches are evidence-based, context-appropriate and reflect global best practices;
- Oversees program implementation, including by developing annual and quarterly work plans and budgets and ensuring activities are completed on time and within cost, making proactive adjustments as needed to ensure continued successful implementation;
- Leads the project’s Technical Advisory Group;
- Supports the development of strong monitoring and evaluation and learning systems, processes, and tools that enable assessment and understanding of program impact, facilitate adaptive management, and contribute to knowledge sharing;
- Supervises and monitors the work of project staff and performance of consortium partners, providing the support necessary to achieve results and creating an environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence;
- Serves as Save the Children’s primary point of contact with USAID and in-country stakeholders, such as within relevant Nigerian ministries, departments, and agencies, developing and maintaining a close, collaborative relationship;
- Ensures quality and timely completion of programmatic deliverables and reports in alignment with donor guidelines;
- Establishes and applies systems that ensure compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations and Save the Children’s policies and Code of Conduct.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Clinical background in Medicine or Nursing or Masters-level Degree in Public Health;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience designing and implementing adolescent health and FP programming designed to increase access, quality, and use of services, including at least seven years in a senior leadership role;
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or Project Director on USAID-funded programs with budgets of at least $5M
- Demonstrated experience applying formative research, human-centred design and/or social network analysis methodologies;
- Familiarity with the state-of-the-art in adolescent sexual and reproductive health;
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing relationships with diverse stakeholders, including host country government and private sector; and donor representatives; international implementers; and NGOs, FBOs, and CBOs;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record leading and inspiring a diverse team of technical and administrative professionals to achieve results;
- Flexible, innovative, creative, adaptable, and open to new ideas, comfortable with change and uncertainty;
- Prior experience working on family planning in Nigeria and familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context;
- Professional fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills; professional fluency in at least one local language a benefit.
Apply Before :-
1st January, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization
WHO IS Save the Children Nigeria?
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.View More Jobs at Save the Children Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: