Position Title: Quantity Surveyor.
Job Station: Lagos State.
Quantity Surveyor job opportunity is available at SIMS Nigeria Limited for individuals who possess Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or related field.
- We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient quantity surveyor to join our growing organization. In this position, you will estimate the costs of construction projects, working with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards. You must have strong organizational and communication skills in order to manage and direct development plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs
- Estimate the quantity and costs of materials
- Prepare contracts and documents
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Hire and document contractors and subcontractors
- Act as a liaison between clients and site managers/engineers
- Keep track of construction materials and inventory
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Prepare payments for contractors and subcontractors
- Document progress, materials, and reports on project
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or related field
- 5-10 years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
31st March, 2021.
WHO IS SIMS Nigeria Limited?
SIMS Nigeria Limited – We specialize in the assembly, distribution and sales of consumer electronics from major brands such as – Samsung, Panasonic, Royal, Skyworth, Electrolux, Bosch, Philips and Powermatic.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have grown to be a market leader in the home appliances & consumer electronics market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones in major cities such as Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Onitsha, Enugu, Uyo and Kano.View More Jobs at SIMS Nigeria Limited
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: