Position Title: Safety Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry).
Job Station: Kogi State.
Safety Officer (Line 5 Cement Industry) job opportunity is available at Dangote Group for individuals who possess First degree or its equivalent in Health Safety and Environmental Management or related discipline.
- Participate in implementing the DCP approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DCP Plants to assist managers and supervisors in environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor, Safety.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
Education and Work Experience:
- First degree or its equivalent in Health Safety and Environmental Management or related discipline. Membership of relevant safety institute e.g. the Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Behaviours:
- Adequate knowledge of the cement and manufacturing industry.
- Adequate knowledge of safety regulations.
- Ability to adequately analyse an incident and proffer valuable solutions.
- Ability to communicate incidences and emergencies clearly.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- High sense of responsibility and accountability.
REMUNERATION and benefit:-
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS Dangote Group?
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.View More Jobs at Dangote Group
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: