Position Title: Senior Cloud Advocate, Security - Global.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Senior Cloud Advocate, Security - Global job opportunity is available at Microsoft Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
About The Job
- Join our team and make the world better for developers!
- We are building the Developer Relations dream team in Microsoft engineering. Our global team is maniacal about making the world amazing for developers of all backgrounds. We’re excited to support and contribute to open-source platforms, tools, and processes.
- We’re spreading awareness of Microsoft Clouds, Azure, Github and Microsoft 365, and enabling developers to do what they love; write, code, and learn. This is the heart and soul of reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with developers. Sound exciting? This is your opportunity to join and be a key part of our mission! Learn more here: aka.ms/meettheteam
- We are looking for Cloud Developer Advocates who have a strong background in Application Security and DevSecOps.
- As a Cloud Advocate, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Microsoft Security. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers and security practitioners online and in person, creating amazing samples and content that will be focused on engaging with our technical audiences at scale. You will also engage with our product engineering organization to help improve the overall experience for security practitioners.
- Also, our team is diverse and inclusive, our team embraces diversity and inclusivity in what we do.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Create technical content, videos and code samples from beginner to in-depth and advanced best practices that demonstrate how to perform application security and DevSecOps on Azure. Including Microsoft security products, but also 3rd party open source and commercially related products also.
- Provide technical feedback and guidance to Azure engineering teams focused on application security. Use your hands-on experience and skills to earn trust of our product teams and help shape the future of our services, always advocating for what is best for the end user.
- Win the hearts and minds of the community by creating samples to share with them. Work with partnering products, projects or companies that are leaders in the DevSecOps and AppSec space to help maintain a high-quality experience with Microsoft.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and awareness of tools, systems, projects, and products that are known or emerging leaders in the security ecosystem.
- Apply your awareness and experience to work with the team, form vision, and enhance strategy on improving Microsoft products and services.
- Understand what the security community expects, bring this data-driven feedback to product teams. Earn the trust of your community by championing Microsoft products and services when they are truly relevant in your community, at conferences, meetups, online forums, social media and more.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Background in Application Security Engineering
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Experience in working with security tooling in cloud environments and as part of the SDLC
- Experience in any of the following a plus: DAST/SAST/API Security / WAF / Vulnerability assessment tools.
- Experience of the Azure and Microsoft Security platform, including Azure WAF, Github Actions, Github Advanced Security, Azure DevOps
- Solid communication skills – ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers and engineers connect people and communities through cloud.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make our customers and platform the most successful.
- Experience working with 3rd party communities, social media, blogging.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS Microsoft Nigeria?
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.View More Jobs at Microsoft Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: