Position Title: Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer, SNSP.
Job Station: Other Countries.
Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer, SNSP job opportunity is available at African Development Bank Group (AfDB) for individuals who possess a Master’s Degree (or its University equivalent) in Economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, Finance, Engineering, Strategic Management or related fields.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the main responsibility of the Senior Multilateral Coordination Officer is to provide strategic advice and support to the Director, with particular emphasis on supporting the Bank’s engagement in multilateral affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
The incumbent will:
- Provide support to the Bank’s engagement in multilateral affairs, including the collaboration with the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs);
- Participate as part of the core SNSP team in corporate strategy development and its subsequent monitoring, updating and refinement in line with sustainable lending and resource options.
- Contribute to Bank’s advocacy work and positioning in the global policy dialogue;
- Contribute to formulating Bank’s responses to emerging international issues;
- Support Bank’s participation in high-level international conferences, including MDB meetings and United Nations Summits;
- Act as focal point for the coordination of the MDB Forum on Policy;
- Contribute (in conjunction with the SNSP core team) to the preparation of the Annual Strategy Review, for Senior Management, including preparation of the mid-term review and periodical and special updates and reports. Contribute to the preparation of Board documents on selected process enhancement recommendations.
- As part of the core SNSP team, assist Senior Management to formulate the strategic policy objectives, ensure alignment with the strategic planning orientation and the Bank Strategy 2013-2022.
- As part of the core SNSP team, ensure that all new policy proposals and strategic initiatives are aligned with the Bank’s planning directions and strategy, including the High 5s and the TYS 2013-2022.
- Participate as required in the Bank’s Strategy and policy development work.
- Provide support to the office of the President as required, in particular on recent policy developments, and on the Bank’s response to emerging international issues.
- Prepare as requested planning and strategy documents.
- As part of the SNSP core team, assist Operations Vice-Presidencies, Finance and Corporate Management Vice Presidencies to formulate their work programs driven by the planning and strategy.
- Provide, as requested, up to date research on environment and business trends and keep up to date on new ways of doing strategic planning itself.
- Participate (on behalf of the SNSP Department) in the preparation of selected Bank’s country and regional strategies and mid-term reviews.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree (or its University equivalent) in Economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, Finance, Engineering, Strategic Management or related fields and a broad knowledge in development issues.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience; proven combination of hands-on operational experience with solid analytical skills; good understanding of development economics and specificities of Regional Members countries (RMCs);
- Experience working in a multilateral development bank or international organization would be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in donor coordination, partnership building and/or resource mobilization would be an asset;
- Ability to provide advice, assistance, and coaching on strategy and policy related matters.
- Good leadership skills, and lateral thinking; high sense of professionalism. Good command of budgetary and operational management matters.
- Ability to manage multipleand simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines. Capability to work within specified time limits. Capacity to diagnose and resolve multiple, concurrent problems.
- High level skills in communication and negotiation as well as ability to build partnerships with a broad range of clients and deliver results that meetthe needs and long-term interest of clients within and outside the Bank.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a goodworking knowledge of the other language.
- Previous exposure to international, multicultural contexts would be an asset.
- Competence in the use of project and financial management systems (preferably SAP) and standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Apply Before :-
22nd December, 2019.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS African Development Bank Group (AfDB)?
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.View More Jobs at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: