Position Title: Shelter Officer (Technical).
Job Station: Borno State.
Shelter Officer (Technical) job opportunity is available at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) for individuals who possess a University degree in civil engineering or architecture.
- NRC is looking for a Shelter Officer for our area office in Pulka, Borno State, in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the Shelter Project activities in Pulka.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Education in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Supervise the Shelter assistants.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Support supervisors in pre-evaluation and anticipation of needs and in site supply planning,
- Under the supervision of the Shelter Coordinator and / or the shelter Programme Development Manager, initiate the drafts of technical drawings, develop Bill of Quantity and technical specification notes for shelter projects.
- To assess the construction training needs of the community and assist in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Responsible for preparation and follow up of procurement requests and updating the procurement database.
- Work closely with logistics and community members to accurately control the quantities and qualities of materials delivered.
- Support the logistics department in planning the movement of trucks to supply shelter materials to construction sites.
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Represent NRC in coordination meeting when delegated.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- University degree in civil engineering or architecture
- Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria
- Knowledge of the local language Mandara, Hausa
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Experience household training in and infrastructure maintenance
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ARC GIS and Google Earth
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset.
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
REMUNERATION and benefit:-
- Commencement: April 2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRCТs general directions.
- Level: Grade 5 Step 1 in the NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Pulka/Gwoza, with frequent travels. Travel outside Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Apply Before :-
4th April, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Application procedures and CV registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria nationals only.
WHO IS Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)?
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.View More Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: