Position Title: Social Engagement / Welfare Assistant.
Social Engagement / Welfare Assistant job opportunity is available at American University of Nigeria (AUN) for individuals who possess relevant qualification.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Assist the officer to coordinate psychosocial support and community-based protection programming.
- Assist in support to strengthening of child protection community-based systems inclusive of developing trainings.
- Ensure availability of training materials at training venues for training of men and boys, women and girls on social norms change.
- Participate in community mobilization/sensitization campaigns in collaboration with the officer.
- Assist in ensuring that beneficiaries are informed and regularly reminded about their entitlements from the project and the confidential complaints mechanisms.
- Provide support to the Officer in resource mobilization efforts by participating in rapid assessments.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- University degree in Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in child protection prevention and response programming, humanitarian affairs or human rights.
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse.
- Medium experience in providing counselling services that are gender-sensitive and child friendly.
- Good written and spoken English and knowledge of local language (Hausa) desired.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Apply Before :-
26th May, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click Here (doc) to apply online and submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references on a single file to: email@example.com in a word document or PDF format. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email
- The position is local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- The position is contingent on the award of the project to the American University of Nigeria.
- This position is for one year, renewable based on performance and continued donor funding.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
WHO IS American University of Nigeria (AUN)?
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the anticipated Prevention of Spread of COVID-19 Pandemic through Awareness Raising and Livelihoods Support for Adolescent Girls and Boys in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: