Position Title: Specialist, Legal Services (Contracts and Advisory).
Job Station: Lagos State.
Specialist, Legal Services (Contracts and Advisory) job opportunity is available at 9mobile Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- Assist in drafting and interpreting contractual agreements and ensure that all contracts entered into by EMTS are consistent with corporate and other relevant laws, rules and regulations.
- To assist in providing advice to various departments on EMTS rights, exposures and liabilities on issues as it relates to the provisions of the law and its contracts and transactions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Assist in providing legal advice to assigned departments and divisions on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Draft contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs), letters of intent and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Assist in ensuring that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with EMTS’s policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organisation’s best interest.
- Participate in drafting and finalizing tender documentation.
- Assist in litigation by or against contractors or other counterparties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Review documentation and ensure that contracts, agreements and tenders comply with agreed and approved conditions and make recommendations to the Manager, Legal Services.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from the respective EMTS departments as required.
- Maintain a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Liaise with relevant units/teams/functions in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, Legal Services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Legal Services.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- First degree in Law.
- Four (4) to Six (6) years post NYSC relevant work experience in a Law firm or telecoms environment.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Legal Research
- Contract Drafting
- Legislation and Compliance.
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
WHO IS 9mobile Nigeria?
9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.View More Jobs at 9mobile Nigeria
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: