Position Title: STTA Translator.
STTA Translator job opportunity is available at North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The STTA Translator is responsible for translating Early Warning and Early Response (EWER) training guide from English to Hausa language, and incorporate gender-based violence in the training guide.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Translator will report to the Program Manager in Plateau State.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Review, translate and develop EWER training guide for English language to Hausa language audience.
- To Insert infographic and pictograph in both English and Hausa languages on EWER training guides where necessary.
- To summarize the EWER training guide contents for training session of minimum of eight (8) days and maximum of ten (10) days for a complete cohorts’ sessions.
- To Simplify the languages in training guide for easy communication for facilitators and understanding for participants.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- A minimum of degree in Social Sciences, Humanities or equivalent is required.
- Conversant with Plateau / Kaduna state security and conflict atmospheric, and versatile in Hausa and English languages.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in translating English to Hausa languages, preferably within the NGO sector.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct accurate translation, transcription, and interpretation.
- Must have typing and computer skills.
- Must be able to think quickly and work in a professional atmosphere as part of a team.
- Ability to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect and have broad vocabulary to rarely require assistance for paraphrasing or explanation.
27th February, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: email@example.com
- A current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications; AND
- A cover letter
- Please reference the “Job title and Location” on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume / CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: