Position Title: Technical Officer - Literacy.
Job Station: Abuja.
Technical Officer - Literacy job opportunity is available at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) for individuals who possess reolevant qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- The Technical Officer for literacy will be responsible for developing and implementing the project’s overall literacy approach, in conjunction with other FHI 360 technical leads.
- H/She will support in the development or refinement of remedial approach to literacy, Design formative and summative assessment for literacy as well as providing support in designing in-service training materials to improve teachers practice around literacy and building stakeholders’ capacity around evidence-based literacy practices.
- H/She will also contribute to work planning and report writing.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Bachelor’s Degree or an advanced Degree in Education with a concentration in Early Grade Reading, Literacy, Language Acquisition or related field. At least 3 years’ experience in education reform with a focus on primary education sector work in language acquisition and/or child literacy or reading especially in Hausa Language. certification as reading/literacy specialist preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government, partners and/or local government structures and school settings.
- Proven expertise in mother tongue (L1), early grade reading instruction and/or assessment and reading material development, preferably in Hausa Language.
- Significant experience in developing and producing of supplementary reading materials, workbooks, trainers’ and teachers’ guides and instructional materials to improve early grades reading.
- Has ability to coordinate reading interventions, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Strong leadership qualities and facilitation skills, experience in working with teachers to improve practice
- Experience in project reporting
- Demonstrable knowledge of research-based best practices in content-area reading skills and strategies and literacy instruction
- Experience/preparation in modeling teaching, observing teachers, and providing non-judgmental feedback
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector, NGOs, and CBOs.
12th October, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document with the position applied for and Location well captured in the subject column to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- The position advertised is in anticipation of a possible award.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
WHO IS Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)?
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education, and economic initiatives in Nigeria.View More Jobs at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: