Position Title: Technical Specialist, MEAL.
Technical Specialist, MEAL job opportunity is available at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) for individuals who possess Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with emphasis in community-based (or OVC) Development Programme, Public Health, Statistics Or Any Development related fields.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- The Technical Specialist (TS) MEAL OVC will support 4GATES objectives and strategies to strengthen MEAL system for OVC programs at the state level
- S/he will coordinate M&E activities and structure in the state through collaboration with State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD), OVC networks (AONN) and other relevant stakeholders in the development of workplans, activity calendars, towards efficient and effective overall MEAL plan implementation in the state. The position will report to the Abuja-based STS MEAL OVC.
- Furthermore, the STS will provide technical support for the effective functioning of the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS) at levels in the state (CSOs, State Ministries, 4GATES office) while also strengthening strategies to promote data management and data demand and use
- In addition, s/he will ensure the mentoring, couching and capacity building of state level MEAL team to be able to report quality data using a set of OVC key performance PEPFAR MER indicators and Nigeria-specific (custom) indicators 4GATES headquarters and other relevant OVC stakeholders during the reporting cycles and whenever the need arise, and in a timely manner.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science with emphasis in community-based (or OVC) Development Programme, Public Health, Statistics Or Any Development related fields.
- Demonstrated skills in M&E, data management and quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and CSO/FBO partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, working under pressure, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV, OVC, TB, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two year with a NGOs.
- Experience in managing a broad-based database, data management applications, statistical packages and MIS including: MS Office (Excel, Access, power point), NOMIS, Power BI, STATA, SPSS.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives / targets.
Apply Before :-
5:00pm; 9th January, 2020.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.
WHO IS Catholic Relief Services (CRS)?
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.View More Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: