Position Title: Vice-Chancellor.
Job Station: Kwara State.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University who has the general function of directing the activities of the University
- He / She is the Chairman of both Senate and Congregation and a member of the Governing Council.
- The applicant for the position of Vice-Chancellor, Summit University, Offa must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records.
- He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
The person must:
- Be a full professor of not less than seven (7) years with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University;
- Have held academic and administrative positions high enough to prepare him/her for the position of the Vice-Chancellor
- Have a good understanding of the VISION and MISSION of the University;
- Be able to attract grants from local and international agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Be able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and mobilise resources for the development of the University;
- Possess personal integrity in all areas including the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s Strategic Plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges among staff, students, members of the University community and stakeholders;
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with local, international, government and non-governmental agencies and organizations;
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of the entire University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (academic and non-teaching);
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Be in position to ensure the protection of the University’s Laws and Regulations;
- Be information and technology proficient and be committed to the current development and incorporation of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Be of excellent physical and mental health; and
- Not be above 60 years of age at the time of appointment.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a period of Four (4) years with a remuneration package which is comparable to what obtains in Federal, State and Private Universities in Nigeria and, as approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the University.
- The appointment shall also attract privileges, benefits and associated perquisite of office as obtainable in Nigerian Universities.
7th July, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit 20 type-written copies of their Applications (including credentials and Curriculum Vitae giving the following information:
- Post for which application is being sought
- Full Name
- Phone Number(s) including mobile
- E-mail address
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Nationality and State of origin
- Current postal address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Academic Honours and Membership of Professional bodies
- Publications where appropriate
- Statement of Experience including full details of formal and present pasts with salaries and dotes
- Evidence of proficiency in ICT (packages and capabilities)
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed dote of availability of duties, if appointed.
- Name and address of three Referees, one of whom must be in position to supply applicant’s academic and/or professional reference
- Signature and date.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted under confidential cover to:
Summit University, Offa,
Dr, Tunji Olagunju Road, (Irra Road, Offa),
Electronic copy of the Applications and CV should be e-mailed as an attachment to: email@example.com
- Application should also include (20) copies of the candidate’s vision (not more than one page in single line spacing) for the University in the next Four (4) years with particular reference to the general administration and management of the financial affairs of the University.
- Applicant must mark boldly the position applied for at the top right hand corner of the envelop.
WHO IS Offa?
Summit University, Offa is a private University established by the Ansar-Ud-Deen Society of Nigeria and licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2015. The main focus of the University is encapsulated in its motto “Knowledge, Faith and Wisdom”. The University currently operates two Colleges namely: The College of Natural & Applied Sciences and the College of Management and Social Sciences. The academic programmes of the University have been fully accredited by the NUC.View More Jobs at OffaView More Jobs at Summit University
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: