Position Title: WATSAN Supervisor.
Job Station: Borno State.
WATSAN Supervisor job opportunity is available at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Supervises the implementation and monitoring of water hygiene and sanitation activities of the project according to MSF protocols, aimed at improving the health conditions of the target populations.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management.
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities.
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.)
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits.
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting.
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- Technical Diploma, specialization desired in water and sanitation.
- The language of the mission is essential, the local language is desirable.
- 2 – 3 years work experience.
- Computer literacy, Competencies, Results and Quality Orientation, Team work and Cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility , Commitment to MSF Principles & Stress Management
- Candidate applying must have a valid national identity card issued by nimc & a bvn number.
23rd September, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates who meet all the requirements should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “WATSAN Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
Submit Hard Copy Applications in our Gamboru Office.
- Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO IS Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)?
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: