Position Title: Accountant.
Job Station: Edo State.
Accountant job opportunity is available at Ten Degrees Global for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- We are looking to hire an Accounts Officer that will analyze everyday financial activities.
- The candidate must possess analytical skills, and have good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc.) taking into account the company’s goals and financial standing;
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Compute taxes payable and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax / statutory requirements;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Reporting to management regarding the finances of the Company;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Liaising with Internal Revenue Service agents / tax authorities;
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors;
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance;
- Assemble and summarize data to structure reports on financial status and risks;
- Identify trends, advise the company and recommend actions to a senior financial analyst based on sound analysis;
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts;
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- To prepare accurate and timely reports for the CEO, CFO and the Executive Team, on key performance and productivity trends.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and regulation.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION:-
- BSc. in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant Degree
- Masters in Business Administration or any other Social Science related course;
- Member of a relevant professional body.
- Must have excellent accounting and financial management track record;
- Must have experience at a middle management level including in reporting across diverse service delivery environments;
- Has adequate experience in people management, stakeholder engagement and financial management.
- Must have at least 4 years experience as an Accountant
- Must possess adequate experience in the use of Sage and Quickbooks accounting software
- Must demonstrate effectiveness in achieving organisational objectives in relation to practice, safety, quality, and risk management in an agribusiness environment;
- Must have a clear understanding of the professional, ethical, legal and industrial responsibilities relevant to the position.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Must have an understanding of the relevant laws and regulations.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to prepare high-level reports to Executives;
- Must possess good analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a good team player, self-starter able to use initiative.
- Proficient in MS Office (esp. Excel & PowerPoint)
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently and a strong attention to detail.
6th November, 2021.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
PLEASE help others by Sharing This Job Opportunity on: